Good video card for a budget build

I didn't diss them, what I said about them is 100% true. They ARE old.. and they are not very useful for modern games at all.

But I know what you mean, they were badass cards of their days.

Yeah, lol, the voodoo 3 was in my grandpas old IBM pc, that was over 10 years old, although it was an updrage, its just the only PCI card I have layin around, I dont even know if it works though, lol. I wonder if it will even run Windows XP? I might be able to run age of empires 2 with it. Thats a good game. I really just need money to get my PC built. With a 7600GT, will I be able to play many games on high graphics? And is the intel core 2 duo good for gaming? Or will it only use one of its cores for gaming?

What are the chances the direct X 10 cards will be less than $200? But I still dont think I'll get one because you have to have Vista as well.

well people might call me stupid (in fact they often do lol) but about 2-3 months ago i spent a small fortune on the 7950 gx2 geforce card, and im very happy with it, so no i wont be getting a dx10 not until at least a lot of games support it, and the drivers r decent, having experienced a new card for the first time, i can say the driver support sucks. Even now the drivers for the 7950 arent any good. so id wait until the card is settled for a while b4 buying a dx10 card.

also games have to support the new dx10 to get the best out of it.

yes the 7600gt will run most games on better than decent graphics. Core 2 Duo is the best processor in the world, for games, media encoding, CAD, or whatever. most newer games will support and use both cores but some older games don't. doesn't matter cause even if it only uses one core, thats still better than most processors.

i second the movement to wait till dx10 gets broken in. but my hat goes off to those brave men and women who do get dx10 immedietly and provide the feedback needed to get the changes made. the same can be said about ps3. store reservations are already sold out. those people who get the game right away will have fun playing the 5 or so games that are out by then.

Ok, I think I am definatly getting the 7600GT, it seems to be a popular video card,I hope eventually to get a second 7600GT. Maybe in 2-3 years I'll get Vista and a DirectX 10 card, lol. Once direct X 11 is out most likely. =)
What would happen if I had 2 7600GTs and Vista, would I be able to install Direct X 10, or not?
Even if the old games dont use both cores, they are probably old enought that they dont really need both cores.

Back
Top Bottom