My Core 2 Duo upgrade: will it work...??

XEN

In Runtime
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my computer to Core 2 Duo. I have compiled a list of parts I need, but I just need someone else's opinion on weather it will work well or whether I should change it etc. The parts I'm considering are as follows:

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Motherboard - Asus P5LD2 Deluxe Edition

Graphics Card - ATI Asus X1600 PRO

RAM - 1GB DDR2 RAM

Grateful for any opinions...

With DirectX 10 and Vista around the corner you shouldn't go all out on a top of the line graphics card. A 7600GT will do fine until the DX10 cards come out.

I'd say go with a 7600GT, or if you are brave enough to overclock a DDR3 7300GT (basically an underclocked 7600GT).

Rest looks fine :)

Okay, thanks for all your feedback guys... I'm guessin the extra 256 mbs in the X1900 Pro doesnt make a difference to overall performance when compared with the 7600GT. Oh, and by the way, I can't use newegg. I live in the UK.

ahh.. that sucks.. I wish newegg supported europe. :\

Anyway, you should go with a 7600GT, then later get a DX10 card when they finally get released.

Whats with all the hype about the DX10s? EDIT: Oh :p :p :p I just realised wat DX stands for... so will vista not be compatible with DX9s?

XEN said:
Whats with all the hype about the DX10s?
Well, one of my most anticipated games thats comming out soon, will support directx10 which is crysis. Not only does it make the game look better, but it will run much better than if its in directx 9 mode. So theres no point on getting a high end card right now, when within a few months, it wont be able to play certain games like there suposed to be played. Yea, you can run vista with most direct x 9 cards.

XEN said:
Whats with all the hype about the DX10s? EDIT: Oh :p :p :p I just realised wat DX stands for... so will vista not be compatible with DX9s?
DX9 cards will run on vista.

Back
Top Bottom