22" LCD / Higher Resolutions

Conspirate

In Runtime
What do you guys think of them. I'm entirely reconstructing my room (tearing out closet and ceiling, adding wall to create doorway, etc) and I thought that a welcomed addition would be a larger monitor. Right now, i'm playing with a 19" LCD, but I'd really need a larger monitor if I wanted to play video on it from across the room. So I was thinking of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009094

Apparentley, the resolution on this size not much higher than I am using now (1680x1050 VS 1280x1024), so I dont think I would need to throw in another card in SLi just yet.

I have no prior experience with widescreen or higher resolutions, do any of you guys? Thanks.

That one isnt that great,and 1680x1050 vs 1280x1024 is ALOT higher. Also, that particular model of acer has very bad backlight bleeding, this has been found in more than one case..if anything id go with a viewSonic (the one i have right now) its a 22 inch, was 330$ and got it from costco..very nice, no bleeding.

Well it looks like a good resolution. I'm running 1280x1024 right now and it's really good IMO. You shouldn't need another 7900GT to run it, unless you plan on playing graphics-demanding games at maxed out settings at that resolution. The 7900GT is easily capable of running that resolution for stuff like Windows Media and internet browsing, and should be pretty good even for games.

Looks like a nice monitor to me, but I really don't know too much about them.

EDIT: Meh, backlight bleeding. You might want to take Spec's advice, going with a Viewsonic. I'm happy with my Viewsonic 17 inch monitor, which is a rather cheap one.

well i have a acer monitor 17" LCD 1280X1024 and it's awsome, acer's a good brand!

Acer rocks. I as well have a 17" LCD at 1280X1024 and it's awesome! Acer is great, they're cheap and great quality.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Yeah, i'm not the kind of guy who is into the best graphics, in fact the only reason I payed upfront for a 7900 (7800 at the time) was that it came with a free SLi motherboard. I'm much more into the fps, so well, running stuff at medium settings would never be an issue. Awesome idea - Costco. If there are any bursted/dead pixels, I can always return it. Do you uhhh, know the model number of it dude? I was planning on spending more than 330 to begin with, and I would pay near 400 just to ensure that there were no flaws in the monitor. Thanks.

those look nice, I personally like the viewsonic one a bit better because of the looks but I've heard great things about both brands.

Those monitors are priced pretty nice, I might have to look into one someday :)

viewsonci is nice. i have a 20.1" viewsonic (see spec) and i have never regretted buying it

Back
Top Bottom