Good video card for a budget build

superman22x said:
I'll see what I can do, I'll get just one for now and get a second once it slows down on games. When in SLI it has to be the same brand speed and everything correct? Not just any 2 7600gt's?

My other specs are
250gb-SATAII
1gb DDR2 667 RAM
Core 2 duo, 1.86ghz
DVD-+R ROM RAM
thats it thats important really, integrated sound for now.

I'm kind of leaning toward the 7600GS listed above, because with one it should be pretty good, and with 2 it will be good for a while.

By the way, will 2 7600GS beat the graphics in a 360? Cause my friend just got one and I want to say my computer is going to have better graphics, lol.
Not likely. I'm telling you man, that 7600GT is easily better than a GS.
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_7600_gs_preview/page9.asp

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_7600_gs_preview/default.asp

superman22x said:
I'll see what I can do, I'll get just one for now and get a second once it slows down on games. When in SLI it has to be the same brand speed and everything correct? Not just any 2 7600gt's?

My other specs are
250gb-SATAII
1gb DDR2 667 RAM
Core 2 duo, 1.86ghz
DVD-+R ROM RAM
thats it thats important really, integrated sound for now.

I'm kind of leaning toward the 7600GS listed above, because with one it should be pretty good, and with 2 it will be good for a while.

By the way, will 2 7600GS beat the graphics in a 360? Cause my friend just got one and I want to say my computer is going to have better graphics, lol.

You can't really compare PC to Console graphics. It's an apples to oranges comparison and it just won't work out.

get the 7600GT I command you..

About that 360 question... We haven't seen what the 360 is capable of yet, and I don't know it's specs are but I'm pretty sure that the 2 7600GS' won't beat it.

Yeah, I doubt two 7600 GS's could pump out what the Xbox 360 could in Gears of War or Halo 3. ;)

yeah, other then games that didn't use the 360's hardware efficiently *cough* PREY AND Q4 ANYONE!?!?! *cough* the 360 will pretty much decimate everything. But thats ok, G80 is on the horizon!

Haha, I could buy an Xbox 360 Premium for the price of the 8800 GTX. :p

Prey wasn't bad, considering it used the Doom 3 Engine and most of the same technology that came out almost two years ago. Graphics were still sharp, nontheless.

What is the 8800GTX?

And anyway, I looked at those benchmarks for 7600GS and GT, GT blew it outta cyber space, lol. I can try and get that one, maybe something else can be downgraded, I don't know, I was thinking about asking for an LCD for Christmas as I have only 2 CRT's and want one to be an LCD but maybe, I could skip that and ask for money for Christmas and get one of these suckers. Or I could try and save up now. And maybe I can get enough, cause I still gotta buy RAM, HD, and this card. I am going to try to get the GT. I might get a cheaper brand, or maybe in a month or 2 they will go down in price.

Thanks, by the way I was playin the 360, graphics are gooooood. PS3 should be amazing, lol.

NVIDIA 8 series. It's the first DirectX 10 card to be released. Supposedly releasing November, but a December release is possible.

Oh, well the top of the line 7 series are $550 or something like that, so those would be way outta my price range, lol. Is it PCI-E still? They haven't developed a new interface yet I hope, because I'm trying to tell my parents that my PC will last through teh first part of college which starts in 3 years, they dont think so, they think I will need a top of the line PC for engineering in 3 years, but thats off the subject, I think I might get the 7600GT, but I'll wait til the directX 10 card comes out than I'll buy it cause it might lower in price, until than I'll run my old voodoo 3.

Back
Top Bottom