Mcafee installation with disc

novahifi

Baseband Member
It says on the cd instruction manual to install AFTER uninstalling all antibirus products currently on the computer. Does this include spybot search and destroy? I have uninstalled an old version of mcafee I was given at my previous university, but the epo shield is still in the bottom right corner of the screen. How do I get rid of it completely?

Thank you.

I don't think it matters, I think the installation works regardless... but you will probably be able to get rid of it by pressing Control+Alt+Del on your keyboard, and under the processes tab find the corresponding process and click end now. :D hope I helped!

I'm having problems with the McAfee 2007 Totla Protection causing the computer to run really slowly and intermittently disabling the wireless connection to the internet (via a USB 54g wireless adapter).

Are there any ways round this? Thank you.

novahifi said:
I'm having problems with the McAfee 2007 Totla Protection causing the computer to run really slowly and intermittently disabling the wireless connection to the internet (via a USB 54g wireless adapter).

Are there any ways round this? Thank you.
I do know why it's making the computer run slow, Mcafee is a total resource hog! that and Norton are probably two of the most memory hungry programs out there. As for the wireless problem, try disabling wireless security (if that's in mcafee) and see if that helps. I'm not sure if mcafee has wireless security or not but if it does try disabling it. If all else fails, if you just bought it recently you could go ask for a refund and get a different product.

Back
Top Bottom