Upgrade or Moniter?

culexor

Daemon Poster
I have a 3 or 4 year old piece of shit comp, and then theres my rig, nobody uses the other one and everyone uses mine. i hate that. i have about $200 to spare and i dont know wether to buy myself an LCD moniter (i have 2 crt's and they are kinda annoying because i always bring my computer to friends houses and have to lug around a 20-30lb moniter..yeah its that heavy) or to upgrade that one that nobody uses......
i already have a brand new mobo (i was gonna use it on my rig but it wasnt pci-e x16, it was agp and i already got the pci-e video card for free) so all i need is a agp video card, a cpu (doesnt have to be extreemely fast, just fast enough to play say css or cs1.6) and ram (512 is enough) i already have a moniter, keyboard, mouse, hdd (with windows), powersupply, and a case. this should cost about $168 (usd)

What do you think i should do?

i shoulda put a poll in

I would get the LCD monitor. The 4-year old PC is dead pretty much unless you want to spend a lot more money gutting it out. What are the specs of the old PC anyways? It's probably not that bad. But if you lug your monitor around, definitely get the LCD monitor. It benefits you a lot more.

Get the LCD!!!
A 19" LCD is only about $200 these days, and there's a huge difference between 17" LCD and 19" LCD, not to mention the difference between a CRT and an LCD.

Also, as Corolla said, a 4 year old PC now is basically obsolete.

yeah im leaning towards the LCD, the old comp is not bad, just slow....i dont feel like starting it up, but it has an intel celeron, obviousley onboard gpu, and a 40gb hdd (it has 356MB RAM)i think its already good enough to play cs 1.6, so i think ill leave it alone

a good 17" LCD is like $170 and 19 is good, but my moniter now is 16" i think, and my face is like a foot away from it so its big enough, but now that i think of it, 19 would be nice
19"this one was good because it uses dvi, but i dont want one with speakers (it looks cheesy) and wtf is hanns g?
17"this is exactly what i want, too bad its not 19"

Thank you cornhoilio!!!!!!!

i was reading a review on one of those monitors you posted and a guys complained about a dead pixel and that he rubbed it for a little bit and it went away....

well i have an LCD and ive had this one dead pixel that has been bugging me forever... tried it now its gone...

I LOVE YOU +Rep

Back
Top Bottom