Physical memory dump

tstrupp

Beta member
This recently started happening to me for reasons unknown, when I restart my computer and log into windows, while it is loading it just gives me a blue screen and the jist of is it "preparing to dump phyiscal memory, physical memory dump complete" Now this is the weird thing, whenever i take out my CMOS battery, it works just fine. I think this is an indication of my mobo failing. What do you guys think?

erm weird lol, possibly means thats theres a setting in the bios that affects ur ram (or something else). ie timings r too agressive. have u changed anything in the bios at all? how long do u leave the battery out, sometimes u have to leave it for 10 mins to reset the bios completely, maybe u shud try this then put it back in and see if it reboots.

Reset your BIOS to the default settings, run a memory test on your RAM, i would also try swapping memory with known working memory as well.

good luck

I take the battery out for a few minutes to reset it, and it works. Odd thing is when i reset bios by loading defaults, That does nto work. Plus no keyboard is recognized ps/2 usb or what have you, when i have to press "any" key to boot from cd... i think my mobos time is up.

tstrupp said:
I take the battery out for a few minutes to reset it, and it works. Odd thing is when i reset bios by loading defaults, That does nto work. Plus no keyboard is recognized ps/2 usb or what have you, when i have to press "any" key to boot from cd... i think my mobos time is up.

open your case and look at teh capacitors on the Mobo. (they are usually black sided, cylenders) if the tops and/or the sides of one or more are buldging, then your mobo is going bad.

Back
Top Bottom