Good video card for a budget build

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi, I am building a computer and am trying to picka graphics card.
What should I get? I am considering getting one and getting a second of the same card a few months later. Would a high end 7300 be enough or should I get a low end 7600GS? Would I be able to find the same card again when I want to get SLI? I have almost all of teh rest of my computer built. Just need RAM, I have some old parts in their for now. Like a pci card, lol.

get a PNY 7600gt I just got one, its SLI compatible and its got a very decent price, I can run FEAR, Doom 3, Day of Defeat, Half Life 2, Bf2142 all really good. Whats your price range anyway?

Well, I was thiking less than $100 if possible. I'm waiting for a good mail in rebate deal with Newegg too. I think a 7600GT would be a little too much. I think they are probably around $150. As I say I want to do SLI and two 7600GT would probably be overdoing it for a while at least. But maybe dual 7600GS would be good. One 7600GS for now and maybe one for later. But would I really need a 7600GS or would a 7300 be enough for BF2 and other games of the like? My budget is below or around $100.

Thanks

Hmm, well my advice is really save the 7600gt is 165$ with a 40$ mail in rebate, so thatd bring you down to 125$. And if your looking to play Battelfeild games make sure you ATLEAST have 1gb of ram, I have a gig and its still not completey smoothe. With the games coming out in the near future SLI 7600gt wont be overkill, esp with th DX10 cards coming out. I saved a little extra and got the 7600gt I think you should too, but whatever you want man, check newegg, and see what other people said about the 7600gs and the 7300.

Oh yea BTW what are you other specs?

get the 7600GT, I PROMISE you wont regret it. It's $130 now.. I got it when it was $170.. I still have no regrets. Very few games will slow you down on that card.

Only oblivion or FEAR (while maxed at high res, that is) slow me down right now (out of the games i've played)

GT > GS!

Oblivion is a beast, my pc struggles and i have the 7950, wicked game tho... anyway i was always told to steer clear of cards with GS GE LE in the title. only to go for the GT GTX etc or the simple no letters present varieties, and if its only $13 more id DEF recommend the GT.

I'll see what I can do, I'll get just one for now and get a second once it slows down on games. When in SLI it has to be the same brand speed and everything correct? Not just any 2 7600gt's?

My other specs are
250gb-SATAII
1gb DDR2 667 RAM
Core 2 duo, 1.86ghz
DVD-+R ROM RAM
thats it thats important really, integrated sound for now.

I'm kind of leaning toward the 7600GS listed above, because with one it should be pretty good, and with 2 it will be good for a while.

By the way, will 2 7600GS beat the graphics in a 360? Cause my friend just got one and I want to say my computer is going to have better graphics, lol.

Back
Top Bottom