Upgrading my computer!

I chose a better PSU that I've heard good things abotu from other forums. Its FSP (fortron or w/e). Good stuff.

Out of the motherboards you linked to, I'd recommend the ECS P965T-A, as I've heard good things of the P965 chipset :)

I agree with ownage about the PSU, but as you didn't listen to him (FSP) then I don't see why you'll listen to me :p It's your choice at the end of the day.

There is a power calculator, which can be found here:

Power Calculator

Put in all your components, and it'll tell you the wattage of the power supply you should be using. I would recommend choosing the highest possible options for surge compensation, CPU TDP, PSU utilization and capicator aging.

For me, it comes out as 477W with all those on high - I'm not concerned, as it is unlikely the capicators will age that much in the time I'm using it, and most of the time I don't use the PSU or the CPU at 100%, but its nice to know I'm covered :)

FSP isnt bad, but its not superb either. Its good for the money unlike some other companies. But why not get an Enhance 500W 80+ psu? Search for it on ewiz. Its roughly 70 bucks and is better than any FSP.

I couldn't find "Enhance 500W 80+" Anywhere. Not newegg, and not ZZF.

I did the power calculator, i got 691w... that makes no sense.

That Rosewill 550Watt PSU someone suggested is very nice im using that in my new rig

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2
PNY 7600gt
Corsair 512x2 RAM
M2n4 SLi Mobo

That PSU should be perfect for ya.

Drain You said:
That Rosewill 550Watt PSU someone suggested is very nice im using that in my new rig

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ X2
PNY 7600gt
Corsair 512x2 RAM
M2n4 SLi Mobo

That PSU should be perfect for ya.

that was me :D

The reason no one is listening is because you aren't saying from experience. Why would so many people review it well if it wasn't good?
Nothing against you though, you've given me great advice!
But i don't see anything wrong with the FSP that im planning on getting.
Can someone tell me how many watts i should get?
C2D E6300, 2stick ddr2, 7600gt, cd/dvd RW, floppy, couple of LEDs, and 2 LED fans, and there should be enough power for ~4 usb devices. Also a 7200rpm IDE hd, and a 5400rpm IDE hd.

You want to see professional reviews? And not the bullshit that ANYBODY on newegg can post? look here: http://jonnyguru.com/reviews.html
Any powersupply can work, but can it work well for 5 years? Probably not. Thats why quality powersupplies have a hefty price tag on them. PCP&C's 5 year warrenty isnt just for show.

Back
Top Bottom