north Korea

Nik00117 said:
Japan has full rights to military development as it sees fit... I mean they still don't enforce arms checks on countires like Germany and Japan any more. we don't need to drop the treaty.
From what I saw the device was inh the north part of N. Korea far away from any S. Korea or American Navy forces if a accident would accure it would kill prob everything in 20-30 mile radus, and do dmage for a logn ways but it wouldn't kill everyone in both countries.
If I was bush i'd be in a room with China, Japan, S. Korea and Russia and go if they take our sanacations as a act of war, then we nuke and invade. If N. korea uses this nuke first we will level their mountains.
N. Korea is far more likely to use one nuke then America is to use 1 nuke. I'm sorry but theres certain countries that have goals such as "Conquer a other country at all costs type deal"
America has dropped 2 nukes, as much as I hate nukes being around for the time it saved MILLIONS OF LIVES. Estimates said 1 million dead US, this didn't factor in Japan would easly be 10x that, and Russia would of lost the same. Also Japan would of bene occuipied for 50 years just as Germany was by a communist governemtn. We killed roughly 200,000 in return saving at least 10 million lives. I'd take 200,000 lives any day of the week to say 10 million.
And if I ws a world nucklear power i'd be in full agreement with all other world powers the second N. Korea nukes any other nation we nuke back.
As to your comment about that it it is in the north of North Korea, do you realise that the Chernobyl blast sent a radioactive cloud right up the east cost of England, over 100 miles away, true, it didn't kill anyone but it made the grass that sheep were grazing radioactive, also their wool, & as far I know, the wool is still being burnt, and people are discouraged from walking there.

root said:
he didn't say that the third world war would be fought with nuclear weapons, he said he didn't know what weapons the third world war would be fought with...
remember einstein lived through the second world war, and saw nukes being used in that war, he died in the 50's
Sadly you're not Bush...
Bush flatly refuses to talk one to one with north Korea to end what is rapidly esculating into a crisis...
The UN security leader has asked Bush to talk one to one with north korea over this, Bush refuses.
If all out war does develop, it's going to be the fault of America, not a small country that is researching weapons.
Brilliant, if their mountains were nuked, surely Japan among others would be affected, it would take several nuclear warheads to "level" the mountains.

I've just lost a whole post that I typed... although I'll put the main ponts here...

Anyone who believes that a nuclear weapon could be dropped in south korea without affecting north korea needs their head checking...

indeed... as brookfield pointed out above, when chernobyl exploded an atomic cloud stretches as far as sweeden italy and the north of the UK...

the north of the UK is some 2000 miles away from chernobly, (on the border of balarus, Ukraine and russia).

that means that there was an affected region of 39,438,400 square miles! (thirthy nine million square miles), the sheep in scotland on some 300 farms are still having to be tested for radiation before they can enter the human food chain...

just to add to my posting above Einstein not only knew that nuclear weapons were used in WWII he actually worked on the manhaten project developing them.

the effective danger area is 28,000km^2, (that the evactuated area around the power station, that is still evacuated today).

Nuclear weapons are measure in megatons, the bomb little boy was about 19 (I think), the chernobyl power station was about 400 times as strong as this. (not difficult with improvements in technolgy).

a megaton is the amount of energy equivellant to a million tons of TNT...

I dread to think how powerful a bomb would have to be to blow up a mountain...

perhaps some of you actually need to realise the devestation effects that these bomb can have? instead of that cavaleir attitude that we could destroy all their mountains and they are safe to fire off a missile to south korea...

re firing rockets to south korea from north korea, reading what I said about the spread of radiation.
I found that out on thei internet from publically available sources in about ten minutes... how long do you think it'll take te scientists to come to the same conclusion that they cannot bomb south Korea without feeling some irradiating effects?

Brook, I said "extreme arguments like these do not work." Taking away all weapons is about as stupid as giving everyone a weapon. Neither are ever, ever, ever, going to happen.

Anyone who believes that a nuclear weapon could be dropped in south korea without affecting north korea needs their head checking...

I know it'd affect them, but if they are already nuked?

If N. Korea nukes any other sovergin nation then it will be nothing less then nuclear war and that is the cold hard truth.

root said:
I've just lost a whole post that I typed... although I'll put the main ponts here...
indeed... as brookfield pointed out above, when chernobyl exploded an atomic cloud stretches as far as sweeden italy and the north of the UK...
the north of the UK is some 2000 miles away from chernobly, (on the border of balarus, Ukraine and russia).
that means that there was an affected region of 39,438,400 square miles! (thirthy nine million square miles), the sheep in scotland on some 300 farms are still having to be tested for radiation before they can enter the human food chain...
just to add to my posting above Einstein not only knew that nuclear weapons were used in WWII he actually worked on the manhaten project developing them.
the effective danger area is 28,000km^2, (that the evactuated area around the power station, that is still evacuated today).
Nuclear weapons are measure in megatons, the bomb little boy was about 19 (I think), the chernobyl power station was about 400 times as strong as this. (not difficult with improvements in technolgy).
a megaton is the amount of energy equivellant to a million tons of TNT...
I dread to think how powerful a bomb would have to be to blow up a mountain...
perhaps some of you actually need to realise the devestation effects that these bomb can have? instead of that cavaleir attitude that we could destroy all their mountains and they are safe to fire off a missile to south korea...
re firing rockets to south korea from north korea, reading what I said about the spread of radiation.
I found that out on thei internet from publically available sources in about ten minutes... how long do you think it'll take te scientists to come to the same conclusion that they cannot bomb south Korea without feeling some irradiating effects?
If these are only the main points, how large would the whole post have been??, seriously, you've buttoned it up nicely as usual.

root said:
he didn't say that the third world war would be fought with nuclear weapons, he said he didn't know what weapons the third world war would be fought with...

remember einstein lived through the second world war, and saw nukes being used in that war, he died in the 50's

Sadly you're not Bush...
Bush flatly refuses to talk one to one with north Korea to end what is rapidly esculating into a crisis...

The UN security leader has asked Bush to talk one to one with north korea over this, Bush refuses.

If all out war does develop, it's going to be the fault of America, not a small country that is researching weapons.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure what the exact quote was, but it was something close.

Back
Top Bottom