Total Noob Question I'm Sure!! Stills Needs Answer

/\G3nt42

Beta member
OK OK, yes this is probably a total noob question i'm sure.. however i still do need it answered... I'm thinkin about upgrading my pc's graphics... I've got a intergrated nvidia graphics chip...on a asus A8N-LA motherboard... I need a PCI Express x16... Now my only problem here is that fact that I don't know how to tell wether or not I'll get the DUAL DISPLAYS... com on you know wat i'm talkin about ... Multiple monitors... can anyone plz explain this to me... thank you so much :confused:

You're going to need a new video card that has two outputs for monitors. The new video cards all have them now. They're pretty standard these days. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to spend on a nice video card that produces great looking graphics.

Your welcome. Just make sure your motherboard has that PCI-e x16 slot. I'm sure most new motherboards do. I don't see the logic of new boards with AGP support. Gone with the wind.

/\G3nt42 said:
Thnx man, I was having some trouble with that...
Depending on the graphis work / gaming you do and your budget, a 7600GT is a good mid range card.

If you wish to spend more I can point you at better cards.

:)

TRDCorolla said:
Just make sure your motherboard has that PCI-e x16 slot..
It does ;)

Motherboard specifications table

Motherboard manufacturer's name: Asus A8N-LA
HP/Compaq name: Nagami-GL8E

CPU/Processor Socket: 939
Supports the following processors:
AMD Athlon 64 X2
AMD Athlon 64
Sempron

Front-side bus (FSB) 2000MT/s or 1600MT/s (processor dependent)

Chipset GeForce 6150 LE
Southbridge: nForce 430 (southbridge also called MCP51)

BIOS features Award BIOS

Form factor Micro ATX size form factor, 9.6 in x 9.6 in

Memory Dual-channel memory architecture
4 DDR1 DIMM (184-pin) sockets
PC3200/PC2700 DDR1 DIMMs
Non-ECC memory only
Maximum memory: 4 x 1 GB DDR1 DIMMs, 4.0 GB total

Expansion slots Three PCI
One PCI Express x16

Back
Top Bottom