Games use 50% of My Dual Core Intel

Darth_Al

Beta member
I play Quake 4 and other games on my computer but they use 50% of my processor. I have downloaded Windows's hot fix and that didnt work. When i run F.E.A.R it works like a champ. Others like call of duty 2 and prey take forever to load and sometimes don't even load..... what can i do???

Ok 50% Of processing on a game like quake 4 is unbelivably good, mine takes up about 75%, loading time of a game depends on your ram, not mainly your CPU. That is why.

Spec said:
Ok 50% Of processing on a game like quake 4 is unbelivably good, mine takes up about 75%, loading time of a game depends on your ram, not mainly your CPU. That is why.

It also is dependant on the rpm of your HD. But theres some kind of problem if the games dont load at all.

Quake 4 takes not that much time to load on my computer but cod2 or bf2 take a while longer to load because of the huge maps and such.

the cpu is running at 50% since the games can't really utilize the dual core cpu so the other core is more of less idle when gaming. Though there are games, for example FEAR, that do take full advantage of the 2 cores.

mammikoura's right. Since it's a dual-core processor, many current games can't take advantage of the 2 cores. Since you have 1 core working at full strength and another doing almost nothing, it will show up as around 50% of it's full potential.

Umm... I have 1 gig of memory. I still dont see why my games like call of duty 2 take forever to load. The same for Doom 3. And what gets me the most is the fact that quake 4 wont even load.

Back
Top Bottom