Computer Heat

CaneBaller

In Runtime
i wanna kno what is a normal tempurate for the computer to be at

in celcius plz

and what is over

and what will extremeley wreck the computer

thx :)

At idle (not running games or anything) a good temperature would be around 35 C, preferably not above 40 C.

It's very hard to actually wreck your PC from being too hot, as the fans usually adjust to go faster as it gets hotter. If the fans aren't helping and it gets too hot, the computer will simply shut off.

i just got a new video card and it has a fan.

but for some reason it still stays in the 40's range

ive had my comp for 4 months now and my card for 1 month and my comp has not shut down yet

and i do gaming on this comp

specs are AMD 3500+
1gig ram
Nvidia Geforce 6500 256mb
200gig hard drive

Idling temperatures should idle anything below 50C, not higher than 55C.

Wrecking the computer isn't a hard thing. You just have to make sure you don't rub your fet on carpet and step in it. Like, static electricity. Another thing is to avoid high OCing if your case hasn't got the airflow circulation properly.

If you're talking about ambient case temperature, it shouldn't be much higher than your room temperature unless you've got a SERIOUS graphics card and poor airflow. If you're talking about CPU, idle is usually in the mid-high 30's and load will be from low 40's to mid 50's, all depending on your CPU speed, voltage, whether or not it is overclocked, etc. Also that temperature reading sounds like your reading from the graphics card. Mine is a little beefier than your's and idles at around 50C.

Back
Top Bottom