Windows, are Linux

I am so tempted to stop gaming, but I pruchased CS:S long ago :(

If I could delete the account and can reuse my key, I would do it no problem :)

Haha, CS :S ? Ya I like that game ... getting pretty freaking good at it :) ... Im going to go play it now actualy ...
When you guys say Linux isn't for gaming, why? What happens?
Is it laggy? Servers don't accept it? or what?

linux is good for servers as it is already said above , it's free and more secure( isn't it because it is not as widely used as windows is?) . however , for all other users who are not handy in programming and are professional users of different applications , windows is far more superior , afterall it is easy to work with. I dont see any possibility of linux being popular among desktop users. It will be as it is now i.e., only used by servers and talented programmers.

There is not a single answer for the question that if windows is so user friendly and most of the applications are made for this platform, why sud billions and billions of desktop ever think of switching to linux.

I am totally new to linux , but have tried some versions ... that's only because i wanted to know about this mostly talked OS after windows...

however , i wud like to say that we sudn't opt for linux only because it's free. Free means wat? , no one gets paid for what he has done ... and i dont think it will be benificial for software industry in a long run .. ecosystem sud be maintained ( i know i sound like Gates , but have no sympathy over him. he is just a businessman , and we are using his products).

LilJayMac said:
Haha, CS :S ? Ya I like that game ... getting pretty freaking good at it :) ... Im going to go play it now actualy ...
When you guys say Linux isn't for gaming, why? What happens?
Is it laggy? Servers don't accept it? or what?
It's file extensions and all. It just isn't the same. Linu won't open exe's without an emulator or WINE and it sometimes crashes. Not only, it sometimes play crappy.

luqa said:
linux is good for servers as it is already said above , it's free and more secure( isn't it because it is not as widely used as windows is?) . however , for all other users who are not handy in programming and are professional users of different applications , windows is far more superior , afterall it is easy to work with. I dont see any possibility of linux being popular among desktop users. It will be as it is now i.e., only used by servers and talented programmers.

There is not a single answer for the question that if windows is so user friendly and most of the applications are made for this platform, why sud billions and billions of desktop ever think of switching to linux.

I am totally new to linux , but have tried some versions ... that's only because i wanted to know about this mostly talked OS after windows...

however , i wud like to say that we sudn't opt for linux only because it's free. Free means wat? , no one gets paid for what he has done ... and i dont think it will be benificial for software industry in a long run .. ecosystem sud be maintained ( i know i sound like Gates , but have no sympathy over him. he is just a businessman , and we are using his products).

Ya ... I agree ... although it is niffty being free ... he makes a good point ...But than again, if they did make it manditory to pay for Linux, people would pirate it ...
And ok, so if im still playing games alot, don't go to Linux quite yet...sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom