north Korea

Brookfield said:
With respect, did I waste my breath earlier, I say again, where--would--they--get--them--from? as far as I can see every sizable nation is against them....blockade complete.
I see the point here, but Uranium is only a metal... there are some specific properties about it but at the end of the ay it's just stuff... spent Nuclear fuel, (the kind that would be enriched to make bombs is in loads of places in the world...

in fact there is a train track that runs near by my house in Bristol that has trains carrying nuclear fuel that run through it... there was an article in the paper about how a daily mail/mirror (forget which but don't read either) reporter had managed to apreach the train and plant a suspect device on it as if it were a bomb, then walk calmly away (unhindered)...

most countries guarding of nuclear waste is as laughable as that...

in your years as a policeman how many times did you stop people for taking drugs. I mean they are completly illegal and (for the most part) not produced in this country...

where will they get the materials from? most likely steal them from a nation like britain that has laughable security and borders like seives...
(of course that's all conjecture), I don't for one moment think that some korean guy will be stealing nuclear waste from trains...

but that's not to say that it won't happen.
whilst it's our governments policy not to negotiate with terrorists, that is not necessarily the policy of their government, who could fund such organisations in the sale of controlled goods for either money weapons or more conventional bombs or training... (N korea is aqfter all in the dreaded Axis of evil) -yes that was sarcasm!)

Also, they already built one bomb, neither you nor I have any ideas how much of this stuff they already have. though I'd imagine that they didn't only build a small bomb cause that's all they had...

--------

Personally i think the line, I'll stop researching Nuclear weapons when you stop researching nuclear weapons is a great headline catching line, but it's also laughable, the USA will never stop researching nuclear weapons, (unless something better comes along).

In some ways it's laughable, N Koreas last war was some 50 years ago...

Americas last war, -in progress, only a few years before that america was at war... only a few year before that the same etc... etc... etc...

same for Britain, I can't remember a single day in my lifetime when Britain has not been at war. be it in the Faulklands, Ireland, Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia, Iraq, Iran, Afganistan etc... not a single day of peace in the entier of my lifetime, and before that...

and America is practically the same, it'd be good (simply because I'm not too hot on american history as I've not studied it), if one of the older Americans in here could relate to the same experiance (wartime vs peacetime)...

have you ever known a day in your life when people from your country are not off fighting somewhere?

Trouble is that it's the winners of the wars that get to decide how the history books are written...
N korea and S korea had a war some 50 years ago and continue to guard borders against each other. so that makes them bad. they are not allowed to develop weapons.

the 'civillised west' has been constantly fighting for longer than most can remember, but they are also constantly spending on weapons design as well... (be that Nuclear or otherwise).

but because they have the best weapons, and invariable always get a winning result with superior technology, they get to write the books, they are the good guys and they get to keep researching and making more and more ways to kill people in the name of spreading peace!

"Brothers can't you see? This is not the way to put the end to war." -universal soldier (song not film) Donovan

root said:
I see the point here, but Uranium is only a metal... there are some specific properties about it but at the end of the ay it's just stuff... spent Nuclear fuel, (the kind that would be enriched to make bombs is in loads of places in the world...

in fact there is a train track that runs near by my house in Bristol that has trains carrying nuclear fuel that run through it... there was an article in the paper about how a daily mail/mirror (forget which but don't read either) reporter had managed to apreach the train and plant a suspect device on it as if it were a bomb, then walk calmly away (unhindered)...

most countries guarding of nuclear waste is as laughable as that...

in your years as a policeman how many times did you stop people for taking drugs. I mean they are completly illegal and (for the most part) not produced in this country...

where will they get the materials from? most likely steal them from a nation like britain that has laughable security and borders like seives...
(of course that's all conjecture), I don't for one moment think that some korean guy will be stealing nuclear waste from trains...

but that's not to say that it won't happen.
whilst it's our governments policy not to negotiate with terrorists, that is not necessarily the policy of their government, who could fund such organisations in the sale of controlled goods for either money weapons or more conventional bombs or training... (N korea is aqfter all in the dreaded Axis of evil) -yes that was sarcasm!)

Also, they already built one bomb, neither you nor I have any ideas how much of this stuff they already have. though I'd imagine that they didn't only build a small bomb cause that's all they had...

--------

Personally i think the line, I'll stop researching Nuclear weapons when you stop researching nuclear weapons is a great headline catching line, but it's also laughable, the USA will never stop researching nuclear weapons, (unless something better comes along).

In some ways it's laughable, N Koreas last war was some 50 years ago...

Americas last war, -in progress, only a few years before that america was at war... only a few year before that the same etc... etc... etc...

same for Britain, I can't remember a single day in my lifetime when Britain has not been at war. be it in the Faulklands, Ireland, Serbia/Bosnia/Croatia, Iraq, Iran, Afganistan etc... not a single day of peace in the entier of my lifetime, and before that...

and America is practically the same, it'd be good (simply because I'm not too hot on american history as I've not studied it), if one of the older Americans in here could relate to the same experiance (wartime vs peacetime)...

have you ever known a day in your life when people from your country are not off fighting somewhere?

Trouble is that it's the winners of the wars that get to decide how the history books are written...
N korea and S korea had a war some 50 years ago and continue to guard borders against each other. so that makes them bad. they are not allowed to develop weapons.

the 'civillised west' has been constantly fighting for longer than most can remember, but they are also constantly spending on weapons design as well... (be that Nuclear or otherwise).

but because they have the best weapons, and invariable always get a winning result with superior technology, they get to write the books, they are the good guys and they get to keep researching and making more and more ways to kill people in the name of spreading peace!

"Brothers can't you see? This is not the way to put the end to war." -universal soldier (song not film) Donovan
Quote; Uranium is only a metal, well yes it is, but all grades are radioactive, the lowest grade, not much, but U232 the grade necessary to make a nuclear device, makes a geiger counter almost go off scale, I've seen it at a demonstration once, & the piece used was the size of a small pea, I'm of course not speaking of the spent stuff, the north Koreans have so little knowledge of what the are dealing with, that workers are continually dying of radio-active poisoning, so what chance, bearing that in mind, is there of another Chernobyl?, pretty damn high I'd guess, considering their very close proximity to south Korea, would kill most, if not all people there, & themselves of course.

Just thought you'd all like to know...

I'm listening to the news, (it's 2 oclock news on the radio).

N. Korea says it will treat any harsh sanctions against it as an act of war...

root said:

Now that's the North Korea we understand, instead of them simpering & gesticulating, they've come out in their true colours, ah well, better the devil you know, than the devil you don't, as the old saying goes.

Pretty sad how everyone is fretting over North Korea's one nuke when the US and Russia have thousands. :rolleyes: Sure, North Korea having one nuke tested isn't good news, but until the US puts away all the nukes we have, we have no right to say which country can have or cannot have them. Pretty damn hypocritical if you ask me. Heck, probably everyone is fretting over this because North Korea is a communist state and we all stereotype that is the evilest of all evil governments. :rolleyes: If this was another democratic country, the US would probably keep an eye on them but not be so anal over this whole matter.

alvino said:
Pretty sad how everyone is fretting over North Korea's one nuke when the US and Russia have thousands. :rolleyes: Sure, North Korea having one nuke tested isn't good news, but until the US puts away all the nukes we have, we have no right to say which country can have or cannot have them. Pretty damn hypocritical if you ask me. Heck, probably everyone is fretting over this because North Korea is a communist state and we all stereotype that is the evilest of all evil governments. :rolleyes: If this was another democratic country, the US would probably keep an eye on them but not be so anal over this whole matter.

The difference between the nuclear super powers now and N.Korea is our leaders may not be the brightest lights on the marquee, but we're not going to launch a nuke tipped missle at a random target just to make a point. The leader of N. Korea has been profiled by most of the leading spy outfits and military and just to put thier findings in simple terms, That man is as crazy as a shithouse rat. And he would fire off a missle just for spite. He's trying to blackmail the U.S. and the world with his threat. And if the profile has just one gram of truth in it we better get ready and not sit on our hands.

Also just as a side note, I think we should release Japan from the old terms of surrender and let them build of a better military. I don't think they would be persuing world domination in the 21 century now that people like Abe are in control. They have more pressing things to be concerned about. Like N. Korea turning them in to a memory...

Japan has full rights to military development as it sees fit... I mean they still don't enforce arms checks on countires like Germany and Japan any more. we don't need to drop the treaty.

Quote; Uranium is only a metal, well yes it is, but all grades are radioactive, the lowest grade, not much, but U232 the grade necessary to make a nuclear device, makes a geiger counter almost go off scale, I've seen it at a demonstration once, & the piece used was the size of a small pea, I'm of course not speaking of the spent stuff, the north Koreans have so little knowledge of what the are dealing with, that workers are continually dying of radio-active poisoning, so what chance, bearing that in mind, is there of another Chernobyl?, pretty damn high I'd guess, considering their very close proximity to south Korea, would kill most, if not all people there, & themselves of course.

From what I saw the device was inh the north part of N. Korea far away from any S. Korea or American Navy forces if a accident would accure it would kill prob everything in 20-30 mile radus, and do dmage for a logn ways but it wouldn't kill everyone in both countries.

If I was bush i'd be in a room with China, Japan, S. Korea and Russia and go if they take our sanacations as a act of war, then we nuke and invade. If N. korea uses this nuke first we will level their mountains.

Pretty sad how everyone is fretting over North Korea's one nuke when the US and Russia have thousands. Sure, North Korea having one nuke tested isn't good news, but until the US puts away all the nukes we have, we have no right to say which country can have or cannot have them. Pretty damn hypocritical if you ask me. Heck, probably everyone is fretting over this because North Korea is a communist state and we all stereotype that is the evilest of all evil governments. If this was another democratic country, the US would probably keep an eye on them but not be so anal over this whole matter.

N. Korea is far more likely to use one nuke then America is to use 1 nuke. I'm sorry but theres certain countries that have goals such as "Conquer a other country at all costs type deal"

America has dropped 2 nukes, as much as I hate nukes being around for the time it saved MILLIONS OF LIVES. Estimates said 1 million dead US, this didn't factor in Japan would easly be 10x that, and Russia would of lost the same. Also Japan would of bene occuipied for 50 years just as Germany was by a communist governemtn. We killed roughly 200,000 in return saving at least 10 million lives. I'd take 200,000 lives any day of the week to say 10 million.

And if I ws a world nucklear power i'd be in full agreement with all other world powers the second N. Korea nukes any other nation we nuke back.

Haha, save 10 million for 200,000. Easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Like Einstein said, the third World War will be fought with nuclear weapons and the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones. All those shows about how the Earth is slowly dying or how the Sun will start burning out won't even need to occur. Humanity will just kill itself. How sad.

alvino said:
Haha, save 10 million for 200,000. Easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Like Einstein said, the third World War will be fought with nuclear weapons and the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones. All those shows about how the Earth is slowly dying or how the Sun will start burning out won't even need to occur. Humanity will just kill itself. How sad.
I didn't know Einstein made that that prediction, wow!, he was an amazing guy in many ways, here he is-->>>
grandpa2.gif
well, almost!

he didn't say that the third world war would be fought with nuclear weapons, he said he didn't know what weapons the third world war would be fought with...

remember einstein lived through the second world war, and saw nukes being used in that war, he died in the 50's

If I was bush i'd be in a room with China, Japan, S. Korea and Russia and go if they take our sanacations as a act of war, then we nuke and invade. If N. korea uses this nuke first we will level their mountains
Sadly you're not Bush...
Bush flatly refuses to talk one to one with north Korea to end what is rapidly esculating into a crisis...

The UN security leader has asked Bush to talk one to one with north korea over this, Bush refuses.

If all out war does develop, it's going to be the fault of America, not a small country that is researching weapons.

Back
Top Bottom