WoW, computer shuts down

nstepho

In Runtime
Hello,
I havn't been able to find out about this anywhere else, so I thought I would try here.
Whenever I play World of Warcraft, I can only play for like 10-15mins, then the screen goes black for like one second, then the computer just shuts off straight away. I can play other games like Battlefield 2 for hours on end with no problems. I don't overclock or anything, my computer easily meets the specs of the game, and I don't think the problem is overheating. Has anyone got any ideas?
Thanks,
~Nick.

Check you event log (right click "My Computer" select "manage" under event viewer look at application and system)

Thanks for the reply.
Ok I did that, but there doesn't seem to be any entries about WoW at all, or the computer shutting down.

Haha....sorry to take this off topic but.....your signature is awesome...made me laugh!

My Computer: Motherboard with the holes in it, a processor with a thing, a 75 gigabyte floppy drive, a 15cm graphics card and 1024 gigaherz of ROM.

Hey. I have CPUCool, but my temps when I turn the computer back on are only like 65 degrees celsius.
Lol yeah the sig was actually an attempt to list my real computer specs, but I couldn't be bothered finding all the details and stuff.
EDIT: Grats MFrostButter, 100 posts.

Ok so it just happened then when I was playing. When I rebooted, cpu cool has the following temps:
Temp1 = 30.0C
Temp2 = 56.0C
Temp3 = 37.5C
Temp Sens 0 = 35.0C
Temp Sens 1 = 72.0C

However, as the comp was restarting, I went to the H/W monitor I think it's called in the Bios, and it had a temperature there of 78 degrees C. I think my computer is set to shut down when the CPU reaches 80C. Is that normal for a 2.6g Celeron D?
Or would the 78C be my graphics card? It's an AGP NVidia GeForce 6600gt, 256mb.

Back
Top Bottom