Grr this is terrible

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
Notice: I am the ONLY person with the ability to login to this computer. It is my sole responsibility to maintain.

This is a fileserver thats setup for remote access and has no easy pysical access. I need to access it outside of school hours for maintnience.

Today it joined the domain (took me long enough) and now my passwords dont work!

ogreatou0.jpg

I likely inherited the boards security policy. This means NO local accounts can login to a computer unless it's in safe mode. The only people that can remotely access my PC now are full domain administrators, which I am not one of them :(

I should think before I click.

EDIT: Tried that first john, as it's the usual way I get in.

Ask the admins to remove the policy for that machine, it's easy to do and should only take them a couple of minutes.

Trivium Nate said:
maybe they changed the pw fo rhte computer your trying to login in to

I extremely doubt that, until I joined the domain I was the sole person with the password. It's seperate from any other school PC.

Anyways, today i try to get an admin account (the legal way) and if not off the domain it goes :D

I had an experience a while back that may or not help, I booted up one day, & I wasn't connected to my usual provider, I couldn't access absolutely everything, I did a thorough search, nothing, hidden files, the LOT, in the end, I had to call in my usual techie, very reliable, £20 call-out, plus £15 for each additional half hour, it took him nearlly an hour & a half, no he doesn't con me, the guy before did, this guy said it awas very well hidden, very hard to find, he tried to explain, but to be honest, he lost me, all I did notice was that he had to go into BIOS.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Notice: I am the ONLY person with the ability to login to this computer. It is my sole responsibility to maintain.

This is a fileserver thats setup for remote access and has no easy pysical access. I need to access it outside of school hours for maintnience.

Today it joined the domain (took me long enough) and now my passwords dont work!

ogreatou0.jpg

Have you tried just pressing enter like that, without a password?

I notice your username went from CAPS to lower case halfway through. Are you capitalising, or not, correctly?

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom