Still having a problem...

joe645733

Baseband Member
hey whats up guys. i bought an ATI 512mb video card. it was about $240. It is an AGP. and my last thread, i said that the pc failed to turn on while the video card was in the AGP slot. so i went and bought a 350watt power supply. (because when the video card is removed, the pc turns on). so then i went to compusa. and he said u may want to bump it up to 450-500. so i bought a 500 watt power supply. same damn problem. ive been running back and forth to compusa for the past 5 days in row cuz i wanna play this card. the first day on my 250watt power supply (factory) and it lasted a day. so thats when i started to buy the new ones.

so i dont really know what the hell's wrong with this thing...do u think i messed the video card up? i can return it anytime...but i thought since the video card was too powerful, it wouldnt get ruined...help me out guys!

NOTE: i know how to install...unless there was a certain order the plugs need to be in. but let me know guys, thanks

lol aright sounds good. thanks guys. any suggestions on a good card. ill be spending 220 bucks..should i stick with a 512? or go to a nice 256?

Back
Top Bottom