Windows, are Linux

LilJayMac

Beta member
My friend and I got talking about his friend who prefers Linux over windows, and bosts about how much better Linux is.
Just for the he11 of it, I thought I'd get others opinions on this.
Which do you prefer?
Linux, or windows, and why?

Isn't there alot of Threads on this, but Ill give you my opinion anyway :)

Well first of they say Linux for the following reasons apprently there are not many viruses out for the linux OS so it's more secure so it has one of on windows for that.

But I do prefer Windows because to me it's more underfreindly, but that's only because I have been brought up and learnt with it....

My god, another one..

Linux, stable, not many security holes..pretty techie, best for servers..it's free, most needed programs are built in, some versions live, alot of versions..

Windows, easy to use - more security holes, more programs available for it..

Well, I slowly plan to try Hardcore gaming on Linux with an underground project. It consits of Linux to actually run DirectX games.

I preffer Linux as it's much better to use for security, compability and has a vast hardware list. If you need drivers, they exist.

Another thing is, Linux is quite hard to configure with the installations. Some are automatic and manual and some are manual.

For auto/man, you need to open the file and then select install with Yast or whatever's your installation engine.

If it's like a .bin, you would need to open the Terminal or X Term and type whatever. ex:

Code:
sudo (root installs) 

KDE
sudo sh whatever-0.0.3A.bin

Gnome 
sudo --install whatever-0.0.3B.bin

Thing is: It's case sensitive.

windows is all automatic, so there's main security holes.

I prefer windows for gaming, and other stuff but I like linux to play around with and stuff. I'm not the most skilled with linux but it's a new learning curve for me and that's part of why I really like it :)

i use both, i like them equally, i have almost no use for linux, because all i do is play games, i use ubuntu
i have used in the past: ubuntu (GNOME), xubuntu x64, ubuntu 64 (GNOME), and im currently using kubuntu (KDE).....i dont like how there are so many different distrobutions for linux, i like that its free, but there arent as many programs for it...

i think windows is better because its more user friendly, there are more programs availible, except for the fact that its so expensive, i think windows is great

I soupose the fact that it's free is niffty, but then again, you can simply pirate it... It has its down sides, but none the less its free.

I myself have never tried Linux, but I do enjoy playing around with computers, so ... Would you suggest it over windows (which I curretly use) or atleast giving Linux a try?

Linux is far superior to Microsoft... but that is MY opinion. It really depends on your use. I don't game, so I don't need Microsoft. I want performance, security, and reliablity. Linux has that... Windowz.... yeah right. Also, you learn a lot more from using Linux. I used to use Windowz, but now I have switched to Linux (SUSE) 100% and i have never been happier.

I ges the only real issue would be that I love video games ... It's what I do alot of my spare time... So maybe stay windows for the time being?

Back
Top Bottom