Dark Videos

Nx2

Beta member
hi, guys. So Iv'e just built a brand new computer and i've noticed that whenever i play videos, they appear very dark. i know for a fact that it this not a moniter problem. ive tried installing some codecs, but nothing has been working. also, i have no clue on how to adjust the settings on my video card if perhaps that is the case. i have a BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC video card. any suggestions? any comments would be very much appreciated, thank you.

- Tu

Do you have an LCD monitor? I've noticed that mine is a tad darker than my old CRT was. I think thats just the way LCD's are.

i had this problem on my 7950 geforce when i updated the drivers, what version of nvidia forceware are u using? to change the colours etc u need to open up Nvidia control panel, if they are the newer drivers u can do that by right clickign on ur desktop and selecting nvidia control panel, then u need to click adjust video colour settings... from here u can change everything ud want to. However when i upgraded to one set of drivers, sorry cant remmeber what version it was for my gfx card no amount of tweaking i did wud fix the darkness. so i had to downgrade and that fixed it fine.

im using the driver that came with my card.. didnt upgrade at all......... wow!. omg, you dont know how much i appreciate your help, Anubis1980. the settings worked perfectly...after worrying so much about perhaps my card was a defect.... you are the man!... thanks a bunch!

- Tu

lol np, when i first got an nvidia card i had probs took me ages to figure out what was up, glad its ok

oh and btw for better game performance cos its a new card, its best always to keep ur drivers up to date.

Back
Top Bottom