strange city names..

I remember going somewhere with my Dad when I was young, called Nodland, and I was falling asleap at the time!

Nice find though!

joxley1990 said:
I remember going somewhere with my Dad when I was young, called Nodland, and I was falling asleep at the time!
I've heard of it, we went through Nomansland in Dorset once, not a town though, just mile after mile after mile of deserted scrubland & forest, not a house in sight, & this in such a beautiful county, & er, what about the river Piddle, that runs through Piddletrenthide?, yipes!!

i grew up about 10 miles from Lost, in north east scotland.

you turn off the main road, past a farm, through a forest, over a bridge and thats it! there's nothing there!

LMAO.....I live in PA where we have Intercourse and Blueball.....lol
I've looked in my atlas before finding all the funny names. There is one called Sarah Furnace and there is a California PA. Also down in the middle of the state in Cambria county there is a town called Colver, and the town right next to it is Revloc....figure that one out.

My mother used to live in a town called Ware, which I always thought could lead to confusion..
'So, Where do you live?'
'Ware.'
'Yes, Where?' etc.

English villages have some very weird and wonderful names. How about living in Pratt's Bottom ?!

The Sheep said:
My mother used to live in a town called Ware, which I always thought could lead to confusion..
'So, Where do you live?'
'Ware.'
'Yes, Where?' etc.

English villages have some very weird and wonderful names. How about living in Pratt's Bottom ?!
haha.....sorta like...

Who's on first, What's on second and I don't know is on third......lol

Back
Top Bottom