Blackout Screen Help!

Anubis1980 said:
couple of things u cud try...

the shock of the speaker landing on the case cud have caused a few problems. Something could have come loose in the case, like a pci card, do u have many cards installed, best bet is to take everything out thats non essential and only leave the gfx in, see if it starts then, if it does, then put one thing back at a time and see if it crashes, 2 things are possible, either the card came loose or it got damaged from the shock, safe mode wud still load as the drivers for the card arent loaded etc. hopefully this will fix it...

if not the last thing u cud try that i can think of regards the HDD. The shock cud have damaged some essential start up files in windows, that safe mode doesnt use.To fix this try using the windows disk to do a repair of the installation. Hopefully if this is the case it shud fix it, only last week i bought a new motherboard installed it and i must have knocked the hdd pretty badly as i needed to do this in order to get windows up and runnin again, well i tried, wudnt work for some reason lol but mostly it does.

hope u manage to get it working let me know :)

ps check the ram is properly bedded too.

I went into it with safe mode trying to do a repair but since my windows cd doesn't have sp2 and my computer does, it won't allow me to an install to even repair it.. err... thanks for u help :)

aww..looks like now, I can't even get into safe mode..wtf...err.. my cpu is not burnt, I don't think so...it's still running...

Anubis1980 said:
is the cd a bootable version? as it shud boot and let u do a repair from there.

It's bootable but.. It hangs and stalls when I'm about the computer is about to load windows xp...

Also.. something stupid happened.. I can't even get into safe mode anymore.. it also stalls loading something...also...

will reformatting the HD help?....but I don't want to lose any files also...err... frustrating haha..

Well, to what I see, if it displays correctly on BIOS, but not on Windows loading, the hard drive might have been shot.

lhuser said:
Well, to what I see, if it displays correctly on BIOS, but not on Windows loading, the hard drive might have been shot.

aww.. I was able to access in safe mode and read of the harddisk but something happened when I tried to do a repair and boot from cd. It halted when the cd tries to load windows xp so then I turned it off and turned it back on and now I can't even use safe mode..

It will be a pain losing everything on that stupid hard drive...err..

Thanks all..

Try booting with a DOS boot up disc and seeing if you can see your files. If you can, back them up - first thing you should do.

Then download your hard drive manufacturers diagnostic tools, and see what they say - your hard drive may have been affected by the knock and part of the disc may be damaged.

another thing which u cud try, which is another thing i had to do, was stick my hdd is another pc if u have access to one, then see if their windows can read it, back up all the data, then format it. u cud also try Hirens boot cd 8.4, its a great tool full of hdd diagnostic utils etc, great for getting out of a sticky situation.

actually, i have a different theory..worth a look at..

speakers all speakers, have a very powerful magnet in them...perhaps, when the magnet hit the tower, it caused something to fry.. after all there is a lot of stuff in the tower that are metal..perhaps that caused some damage...

anyone know what a magnet would do to a mobo?

dorfman said:
actually, i have a different theory..worth a look at..

speakers all speakers, have a very powerful magnet in them...perhaps, when the magnet hit the tower, it caused something to fry.. after all there is a lot of stuff in the tower that are metal..perhaps that caused some damage...

anyone know what a magnet would do to a mobo?
In theory, one of my old 6GB Quantum drive died. I opened it up and ran a powerful magnet on it. It didn't do anything.

If you run a magnet on the board, nothing in theory should happen, but static electricity is vulnerable to all parts. The magnet might have resounded on the drive and actually made the hand to read corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom