Rammstein

Keine lust is also a good song..
Ich habe keine Lust mich nicht zu hassen

I like Ich Will a lot I have all of their songs if you want me to give you a general meaning of what they are saying then thats not an issue.

However my buddy listens to Ramstein and he says he doesn't want to know what they are saying he jjust loves their song. I like their interviews I got too. Really interseting, because how the ended up in America was a complete utter fluke of luck. IN one interview a guy in rammstein said it was really weird cause we played, and a guy came up to me and said in broken german YOUR SO COOL, I then asked in broken english if he understood us and he went NO BUT YOUR COOL!

This server needs a new hamster in its wheel. It's so slow tonight it's not funny.

It is "You have..." read the rest of the lyrics.

Du hast mich gefragt... literally means "You have asked me", as the word Frage means question, and the verb Fragen means "to question", IIRC.

The German verb "haben", to have:

Ich habe
du hast (you, singular)
er hat (he)
sie hat (she)
es hat (it)
wir haben (we)
Sie haben (you, polite form or when talking to a group of people)

Amazing I remembered that from school.

Um generally if I say

Ich Hast du, i'm not saying I have you, i'm saying I hate you.

But hey JFK once said
I'm a Jelly Donut to a mas sof Berliners he said
Ich bin eine Berliner!
Which in fact direct translation is
I am a jelly donut
He meant to say
Ich bin berliner!
Which means
I am a berliner.

German grammer can get complicated and 170~ years ago Germany was a bunch of scattered countries tha tall spoke in a different way. German is prob the most fractured language that I know of. In one part of a area saying somthing might mean this, but in a other it means completely utterly different.

Back
Top Bottom