Would this Graphics card work?

hascet

Fully Optimized
I want to get this graphics card, and it doesn't have any requirements on NewEgg, so do you think it would work with my machine? I think I remembered seeing somewhere that it needed a 350W PSu minimum, and mine is 210W so would it still work?

I doubt that it will work well. Not sure how much power that needs, but I'd recommend atleast 250W-300W for that vid card. But if u are buying a new psu then go 400W+.

unfortunatley I can't buy a new psu or anything cause I have a stupid dell thats small form and it all crammed in there with customized parts thats y i need a low profile card...plus if the site doesn't have any requirements on it then i'll just get and if it doesn't work i'll return it, and say i didn't know that it wouldn't work

The card will be bottlenecked by far. That card should be getting around 70fps on CSS on full quality, maxed out everything. The bottlenecking (which most dells do) will nock it to a mere 30-40. Also it would run in your computer, but the powersupply would not really support enough for it.

Most PSUs are generally the same size. Check the label on it and see if it says ATX. I bet it does, and if that's the case, you just take the old one out, drop the new one in. Easy.

no i mean my power supply isn't like a square box it is like 2-3 inches thick and like 8 inches long, so its like a smashed rectangle because i have a small form factor computer

yea i know exactly what powersupply your talking about, but i do not know if it will work, if its 210 Watts, i doubt it. but if you have nothing to loose give it a shot.

ya i'm gonna give it a shot, if it doesn't work well i guess i'l return and find another way i can play games and stuff...

i don't know if you want to try that, because the vid card could fry the psu, and cause some melting...it might damage your system.

well, idk if it does actually require 350W, because it says no where on new egg what the requirements are, so if it says on the box that it requires 350W psu then i'll return it

Back
Top Bottom