Fails to boot !!

vanreet

Beta member
hi to all,

i have just bought a laptop from a m8 of mine & i was going to format the hardrive so i had a fresh system etc.
when i looked at the drive i noticed he had it in 3 partitions, partition magic was allready on the computer so i ran it to delete the partitions etc. when this was done i rebooted the computer with my xp disc in the cd drive & got to the install xp stage, here i noticed there was still 2 partitions on the drive, i then choose a partition to delete leaving me with just one to put xp onto.

i then started to install xp & i got a fatal error message !!

now i cant reboot from the hardrive or the xp cd.

when i boot the computer with the xp disc in i get the usual message, press any key to boot from cd, this i do & i then get the next message saying :

set up is inspecting your computers configeration.

THEN NOTHING AT ALL HAPPENS!!!!

i cant boot from a floppy disc because my laptop doesnt have a floppy drive, i have tried all the usual remedies of safe mode etc but still nothing.

please help, it is driving me insane.

thanks in advance

Hey Vanreet, A few suggestions.

Have you tried any different XP Media?
If you have, try resetting the bios, then pop in the cd and see what happens.

Also find out what hard drive you have in there, and download the HD dignostics, and test to make sure the hard drive isn't bad.
Hope that helps.

Cheers m8.

i have found hirens boot cd & when i ran the norton disk dotor prog it found a problem with the hardrive (no surprise there!!). i have intructed NDDr to attempt to fix the problem ,,,,,,,,,,, fingers crossed.

thanks again

Ive had similar problem in past, i done a complete write over the disk, and then all was fine

Back
Top Bottom