problem with mom's crt monitor :(

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
well a few days ago it was working fine, but today i turned it on and i think the backlight is screwed up cuz all the colors look dull and stuff. i tried turning up the brightness and contrast, and degaussing it. its still looking dull. any idea whats wrong with it? could it be the backlight or something? does a freakin crt even have a backlight?

lol well a crt uses more i a light bulb i think. anyways make sure the power cords and monitor cords are plugged in securely to the wall and computer. sometimes a loose cord will create dull colors

I'd say get a new monitor. They have 17 inch CRT's for around 100 bucks at Wal-Mart, and LCD's for like 179 bucks.

um...a long time. i even tried changing the power cord... :(

and genedefcon, please make your signature no more than 5 lines. sorry but it helps keep the forum look tidy.

A long time then. I had a tv I had for like 8 years(1991-1999) and it had dim colors. The CRT is dying, my advice: buy a new one before it is too late.

well that's good. i bought a brand new LCD monitor for 500 bucks when my 6 year old CRT died. I went in my basement a few days later and found a good CRT. Well the LCD is good. I got 25 bucks for the CRT at a tag sale.

Back
Top Bottom