internal Modem with AMD 64 CPU

Anubis1980

Daemon Poster
hi

not sure if anyone can help me out here, but i have an AMD 64x2 cpu 4200 and when i try and use my internal modem, a creatix HAM v92 56k etc, it disconnects at random intervals, this doesnt happen on my USB modem. soo i was wondering if this is to do with the CPU being 64bit? as i think the modem i have is a software one, has anyone else had this problem? is there a 100% compatible internal modem for AMD 64? ive recently changed motherboards and im still getting the same error. and i dont want to buy a hardware one if itll still happen. its driving me mad :p

Thanks

i dont' think it would have to do with it being 64 bit, i've seen plenty of modems work on 64 bit machines. in fact, i through one out of an old compaq 333mhz computer in my buddies amd64 and it works fine. i think it might have more to do with your dual core and the processors are fighting over it. check your drivers first of all and see if that helps, there is also a way to set it so only one processor controls it so they aren't fighting but i don't recall what its called. my buddy was talking about it when he first got his dual core and his music wouldn't play right...maybe somebody on here remembers what its called.

thanks for the reply, well it seems that it might have been the old modem, i tried another one ive had lying around for a while, and it seems to be ok now, (altho in my old asrock 939 64 mobo it wouldnt work either weird) this one is much newer than the older one so maybe it can handle dual cores better? now im tryin to get someone on ebay to post me a hardware modem from the uk to spain and no one will ;)

thanx again i appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom