Video Card Reference Guide

The ATi x1800xt destroys !

Abit KN8 Ultra
WD 160 IDE
Antec SuperLanboy
ATi x1800xt
AMD 64 4000
1gb ( getting another gig soon ) Corsair Valueselect Ram
Aspire 500w psu ( only 40$ and is great !)
2 120 fans, 1 pci dual fan under vidcard

Hey, I'm looking around for a new video card, and based on your list (which was exactly what I was looking for, thanks), it looks like the X1600XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Supported is the best video card I can get for under $200 (roughly the maximum I can afford). I'm not entirely sure about my knowledge of videocards, so I was wondering if this is indeed the best one for under $200, or if there is a better one not on the list that anyone knows about. Thanks for any help.

edit: lol, i just noticed how old this thread was. I got here through the stickied reference guide. I guess there's probably a lot more better cards for under 200 by now, still any help would be appreciated.

edit2: One last question, I didn't feel like making another thread for this, but does ddr and ddr2 memory just mean its 184 pin and 240 pin, respectively?

I'm sorry for bringing up a VERY old thread, however, I was browsing another thread, and you know at the bottom how it shows other threads relavent to that topic, well this one showed up, and I decided to check it out. Wow! What great potential this thread has. Shoudl we update it?

The thread I was browsing and came across this was...

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=45055

Back
Top Bottom