Something's up...

joe645733

Baseband Member
hey whats up guys. i just bought a new 512mb agp graphics card on my anthalon 3000+ processor. and i had it for a whole day, everything was good. and just now, i noticed my pc froze, so i restarted. then when i tried to turn it on, i could just hear the fans going. the busy light is on, and the power light is on, monitor is on as well. but nothings showing up, and its noisy non stop. kinda like the noise when u first turn ur pc on.

so im guessing...when i was reading the manual of the ati video card, it said i can plug a power cable in? so i did, and the other side was attatched to my hard drive. but it said it has to hold over 350-400 watts...idk if this is the problem, but should i just unplug it? and just leave the video card as a normal install? let me know, thanks guys

ok, i unplugged the power cable. and its still not turning on, do u think i burned it? how much would a plug be?

aright, i took the card out, and the computer booted up fine...so it is the power supply. but how do i upgrade this to a stronger one? this isnt the need of a new motherboard right? its a gaming processor, i doubt it doesnt meet the recquirements for it. but dont i just need to buy a new plug or wire or some shit?

I've read bad things about FSP PSUs, but as your PC will likely be well under the limit I'd consider it ;)

Back
Top Bottom