fuel question

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
as all of you know winter is coming and its just a couple of months away. so now i have to prep my car for a winter ahead. i took the water out of the radiator and what not but i need something to do with the fuel in the car.

i'm running ultra sonoco fuel in my car, and i don't want it to gel because my fuel cell has a bladder in it, simply a rubber bag with the fuel so if the plastic tank were to get punctured the fuel wouldn't leak out.

now my dad told me there was this stuff that you pour in so the fuel wouldn't gel, now heres the problem. i forgot what its called. i need this because if the gas were to gel, the fuel lines will do the same, and so would the cylinders meaning that next year will be a pain in the ass to run :)

so if anyone knows what i'm talking about, can you please tell me the name? thanks. also its nothing that i would have to order online, its something i can buy at autozone or any car store. thanks again.

btw if your wondering what the car is because you were confused why i dumbed the water instead of using anti-freeze its my race car so its better to dump everything.

well that would be a waste of about 80 bux right there.

edit: and i don't want to open the fuel line and pour the gas into anoter bukcet because even then i would still need the stuff from to make it not gel.

Ok, did you flush the system of Fluids? If so, put anti-freeze in the oil filter. Thats what we do when we winterize our cars. I think im answering the wrong question though.

Flush out the oil, replace it with anti-freeze oil.

There are what they call fuel stabilizers... I can't remember a brand name, Sta-Bil maybe? Anyway, I think you add it to the tank and run it for a little to get the gas in the lines burnt and the stuff with the additive all through the engine. Search for fuel stabilizer and I'm sure you'll get results. Hope this helps.

I wouldnt be worried that much about gel, i've left high octane gas sit in an engine for 2 years and it's still liquid.

Sta-Bil, yep thats it, thanks D-Lew!

DJ-CHRIS said:
I wouldnt be worried that much about gel, i've left high octane gas sit in an engine for 2 years and it's still liquid.

i don't want to take that chance. besides it ruins fuel flow, and when racing something like that small can effect the whole outcome.

Yeah, just pour some sta-bil in the fuel and that will do the trick for ya. And drain all the other fluids out.

today i went to autozone and picked up some gas treatment from prestone. i tried starting up my car to let it run through the pistons but my dumb battery is dead and when i tried to charge it back up with this charger that i have, the engine would only stay on for like half a second. =(

oh well i figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom