PCI problem and stuff

joenailface

Baseband Member
ok so my mouse stopped working and the mouse itself is fine, i tried it on another computer, the drivers however say that the 'PCI simple communications devise' isn't installed properly, i reinstalled those drivers and i also formatted my computer and reinstalled windows and then reinstalled all my drivers (in case it was a virus my AV couldnt find) and the PCI scd is still malfunctioning, just for clarity my mouse is usb, my usb ports are directly on my motherboard and the only pci card i have in the computer is a modem and i have a graphics card in a pci express port, any help at all would be appriciated cause...im stumped, thanks in advance :)

yep yep, appologies i forgot to add that, ive ran a joypad and my internet from usb and the light on the mouse is coming on too

And you installed the latest chipset drivers for the motherboard too?

That's odd that the joypad and internet work fine on the USB port and the mouse doesn't. Hmm.. How about the mouse drivers?

no drivers came with the mouse, just plugged it in and it worked. i checked the manufacturers website and no drivers there either and im afraid youve gone a bit over my head with chipset, sorry bout that

The chipset (or motherboard) drivers usually come on a CD included with the motherboard. They include drivers for all the motherboard's components. If you don't have that CD, the drivers can be found at the manufacturer's website. It's sounding like you need to install those.

Back
Top Bottom