Computer problem

sylvanius

Beta member
Hi, i have a problem with my computer. its an amd athlon xp 3000, on a soyo dragon 600ultra mb. it has a geforce 5700le graphics card on a windows xp home edition operating system. My probelm is that in the middle of a game, it froze so i rebooted it. it was working fine for about 10 minutes, then it froze again. i then rebooted it once more, but it wouldnt start back up, it just powered on, beeped, then turned the monitor on, and gave a black screen. i tried swapping the hard drives, but nothing changed, still had the same problem of starting up to a black screen.

What game were youj playing?

The system is kinda lower end, therefore you could of fried your system.

I would say either the video card or the CPU has overheated. Can you try a different video card or try your current one in another comp?

sylvanius said:
Hi, i have a problem with my computer. its an amd athlon xp 3000, on a soyo dragon 600ultra mb. it has a geforce 5700le graphics card on a windows xp home edition operating system. My probelm is that in the middle of a game, it froze so i rebooted it. it was working fine for about 10 minutes, then it froze again. i then rebooted it once more, but it wouldnt start back up, it just powered on, beeped, then turned the monitor on, and gave a black screen. i tried swapping the hard drives, but nothing changed, still had the same problem of starting up to a black screen.
Typical symptoms of an overheating graphics card.

What were the beep codes? or was it simply the post beep?

Check the graphics card fan for dust build up, or if it is even spinning.

yea it was just the post beep, and i checked my graphics card and the fan isnt moving at all.

Back
Top Bottom