Need help

MALOI98

Baseband Member
Okay my friend bought a NEW motherboard,CPU,Videocard,Ram and Power supply the specs are Asus p5p800, Intel Celeron D 326 2.53ghz, ATI X800XT, 1GB ocz and a 450watt PSU, The problem he is having is he hooks it all up, makes sure EVERYTHING is plugged in including the 4 pin 12volt AND the 24pin and turns the pc on, the problem he is getting is he gets NO visual, the monitor light stays blinking like on standby and when he try's another monitor the light stays orange on that one. the vid card,ram,psu all work for sure because it was tested in another system, also the motherboard was tested out in the store before it was purchased and it worked fine. Any idea's guys? id LOVE to know whats going on. ALSO this happened to him before when he bought a p4p800-se for his old s478 processor and the SAME thing happened, since then he has upgraded ram,mobo,cpu,graphics card and PSU and still no dice. PLEASE HELP.

If this is in the same case, it could be a grounding issue. Make sure all the screws are in the board, and making good contact. Especially where the I/O connectors are. Also, pop out the BIOS battery to reset the BIOS (leave the battery out for about 5 minutes). I've had this exact same thing happen to me before.

I dont think its a grounding issue because on the asus website it says to try it all in the open like the motehrboard on a desk wiht teh power supply out and everything just put together with no case and i tried that also and no dice still.

Does the motherboard beep? If so, how does it beep (now), and what motherboard do you have? That could possibly help us identify the error, though it's still kinda unlikely. The only thing I could really suggest is to make sure that video card is firmly in the (PCI-E/AGP) slot and is tightly connected with the PSU wire for the card. Also, are you sure it's just a visual thing? The way I use to tell: if you can turn the computer on with the speakers on and if Windows (if you have windows) auto-boots or if you can nudge the mouse a little to the right and click to log on...If it does the loading sound, it works, but it's not displaying.

If you've checked everything on the video card, check the processor to make sure it's firmly in its socket, just don't push it really hard and force it in. Since you said it happened to him before on the processor, it could very well be that. Also, how did he fix it last time, or did he fix it last time? If you know, go through the same process. The way you worded it leads me on to thinking he fixed it, so just try doing what you did before.

Sorry that I can't offer too much help, but good luck getting this fixed.

No the motehrboard doesent beep, but it also doesent have a speaker on it, its the asus p5p800 like i said above and its the agp version the card and all plugs are FIRMLY in place and nothing is loose, also when i plug a mouse into the usb spot the light dont even come on in the bottom of the mouse. The problem that happened before was a different socket motherboard and it was not resolved. All the specs are in the first post.

Check in the bios that the AGP apperture is set above 64Mb

When I put my 256Mb card in it gave no signal until I increased the apperture size.

For the mouse, make sure the plugs are on the correct headers on the m/board, they can easily be mixed up.

how can i check bios if when i turn on teh pc NOTHING comes up, nothign changes on the monitor, just like the pc is off.

Hey man its BrOoKlYn i am trying to find the answer to your question on other forums, il keep you posted GL. : D

Just a quick question.

the x800XT has a power connector, on the PCB for additional power, is that plugged in?

and your positive there is no Speaker with the motherboard for error reporting?

If there was i would find and hook it up that would help this whole thing move along better.

BUT if there is not i would suggest doing EXACTLY this.

the basics are

1.Motherboard
2.Powersupply
3.CPU
4.RAM
5.Videocard /unless you have onboard video

REMOVE the motherboard, place it on a Plastic surafce/ such as a rubber mat, or a large square of packing material.

plug the power supply into the board, ram, cpu, videocard. ONE thing at a time, double check and make sure everything is in place properly.

ok, take your case and move it by the board and plug the powerswitch onto the CORRECT pins on the motherboard.

Hook up the monitor to the back of the videocard, carefully, its not screwed down it can pop out easily..

press the power button.

No video?

try hooking up the small speaker in your pc to the CORRECT pins on the mobo to get a diagnostic beep code.

boot it again to see if you can hear beeps?

If you get this far with still no video, i would start replacing the Hardware.

Usually i start with the easiest things first. such as RAM, Videocard ect...

Keep us updated after you try this.

Good Luck,

Back
Top Bottom