What should I major in

i would personally go with programming but i'm not you, we can't decide a major that you want. go with what you feel more compfortable with and something that will always be interesting. no point of taking something boring and having a job in it.

Well I am a student too I had to face the same Problem of what major to Pick even though I was intrested in computer hardware, network and I was good at programing but Never really liked it too much.... I ended up chosing Networking because a teacher of mine explained how most network administrators are all around just computer Techs. What I am trying to say in networking you learn some hardware some programing and a lot of Server Administration. Also when you get hired by a company for network admin people are going to ask you to help fix their printer or ask why their monitor is projecting upsidedown(This actually happen to a coworker of mine...). So basically it covers all areas you said you were intrested in and It also includes helping people... Personally I love it, not just the networking aspect but the job as a whole. Can't wait to grad and go get a networking administrator job...

The only problem to that picture that I'm worried about is there is going to be no job around where I live or where my girlfriend finds a job (she's going to be a phisist (or how ever you spell it shes very good at physics and scince)) anyways ya... I really want to go into netowrking, but I really don't know. Computer hardware would be great if I could find a job in reviews and stuff like that

Dont know what to tell ya man i live in cali like an hour away from silicon vally so Jobs for networking dont seem to be too hard if you are good at what you do

Back
Top Bottom