PSU's

dorfman said:
well i am getting a new case, because my room gets hott, and i don't know the cpu to run hott...so i will have to switch over everything the Mobo, cd-rom, and then put the psu in it...

i'm going to try to get keep everything in the mobo pluged in, expect of course the PSU...and just unplugg the cd-rom from the mobo, not the mobo to the cd-rom...because i don't know where anything goes.. in the mobo. haha

well finding where something goes is pretty simple, since most of the time there is only 1 place where it will fit. Just make sure that u put everything in that u have taken out. Like once I was cleaning my friends paintball gun, and then when I was done and put it back together my face must have looked something like this 0_o when I noticed that there was still one spring on the table. :D
Seriously, thats probably the most "hmm, something just doesn't feel right" feeling that I've ever had.

and doing that to the computer, means no more computer...

but hey there is always a few extra parts laying around... haha..

whats this stick with the black things on it? eh, don't need it

dorfman said:
and doing that to the computer, means no more computer...

also means no more working paintball gun. :p But I just opened it up again and found where the missing spring should go and put it there and then it was working again. Same thing with computers, it won't break if u forget something, it just won't work.

well unless of course you forget to plug the fan in...and watch everything melt.. = )

i've always wanted to do that to an old cpu of mine, to give in a honorable death...but usually with my cpu's its the harddrive that fries...

Anyways, I can't wait to get my cpu up and running.. with that beefy graphics card.. *mouth waters*

I might not get a new case... the case now its just a HP4200+....it runs at 40degrees so it should be fine, with a new psu and graphics card.

the mobo also came with the prebuilt HP computer? If so then check that the main power connector is either 20 or 24 pin. Sometimes manufacturers use some weird kinda connectors so if u want a new psu u can't buy it from places like newegg, instead u have to order it from the manufacturer.

yeah the mobo is what came with it i'm pretty sure its 24pin...i'll have to double check when i get home, instead of not working in my office.. hah.

Back
Top Bottom