still nothing!

Pop out the battery and let the motherboard set for about 5 minutes. This simply resets BIOS. After 5 minutes, put it back in. Then try to boot. For every 10 computers I've seen with this type of issue, at least 1 is resolved by doing this. That's a 10% chance. Let me know if it works.

ok put in the new mb and new powersupply and i still have no monitor signal or anything no beeps no nothing..im useing onboard graphics now. could it be the cpu or ram? im buying a prebuilt system and selling this for parts is looking really good now

DILLIGAF said:
I'd strip everything back to basics, 1 stick of ram, hdd, video card and see if it will post.

you dont need a hdd to get the machine to post :rolleyes:

the basics are

1.Motherboard
2.Powersupply
3.CPU
4.RAM
5.Videocard /unless you have onboard video

Now DILLIGAF is right about making sure that the motherboard is not gettign shorted out by the case.

REMOVE the motherboard, place it on a Plastic surafce/ such as a rubber mat, or a large square of packing material.

plug the power supply into the board, ram, cpu, videocard. ONE thing at a time, double check and make sure everything is in place properly.

ok, take your case and move it by the board and plug the powerswitch onto the CORRECT pins on the motherboard.

Hook up the monitor to the back of the videocard, carefully, its not screwed down it can pop out easily..

press the power button.

No video? pull the video card try the onboard video..

still none?

try hooking up the small speaker in your pc to the CORRECT pins on the mobo to get a diagnostic beep code.

boot it again to see if you can hear beeps?

Let me know if you get this far....

Good Luck,

Lamb0fGod

you are cool....i sat it out the mb has an onboard internal speaker hints why i had no clue how to plug mine in.... it boots up and a screan comes up that says reboot and select boot device i guess i will put it back in my old case

ok so i put it all back together and now it turns on and goes to the ecs splash screen but does not enter bios....?

ok so it works but i have a gig of ram and it is only showing up at 960 and a 250 gig hd and it is showing up as 189?

If you're still using the onboard video that's where the ram's going. As for the size of the drive it will show less after its formatted. That comes from the maker of the drive using gigabytes in the purest sense while formatting using 1024MB per gig. It's all there just being presented in a different format.

You must be using onboard video,

your onboard video shares, your system memory to proccess the video you see on your screen.

drives are always advertised using MB or GB that are decimal, not binary. That is, an 80 GB hard drive has 80 billion bytes of capacity. That's decimal capacity. In binary, a gigabyte is more than a billion bytes - 1,073,741,824 bytes to be exact. Thus, 80 decimal GB = 74.5 binary GB (which is what most computer's operating systems report), and all the hard drive boxes I've seen in stores clarifies this.
It's an industry standard, so whether you're buying a Western Digital, Hitachi, Samsung, or other brand of hard drive, all 80 GB drives will give you 80 billion bytes of storage.

EDIT (setishock , i was typing my post when u threw yours up :p )

Back
Top Bottom