XP activation

tjam51

Beta member
Well I may have made a large if not a giant mistake. Long story short....XP home addition....tried to repair it with another person's disk (for repair only).
XOP asking me for activation.....have less than 5 days left...what can I do?

I go through the motion but MS does not reconize the serial as being a valid number....so nothing happens.

I borrowed the disk from a friend. He does not have the serial number for this disk. I asked him to check for the serial on his computer and when I tried to use that number it was unreconized. The orginal software is not from this disk....

there should be a validation number right? i had the same problem, i reformated my computer to many times and used the came cd.. and it said i ran out time i could use that serial, so i just called up microsoft, gave them the validation number and they gave a new serial over the phone

have you tried using the number your friends had on his computer with the phone method of activating? you can use the number as much as you want over the phone

Just ring up, provide them with the installation ID, tell them its a retail copy, tell them its a re-installation and say that its only been installed on one pc to ur knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom