Worth it?

I've played cs source and ut04 on a system with an athlonxp 2100+, 512 megs of ram, and an FX5200. Low-mid settings, everything ran all around playable. Now, the 866mhz p3 computer I have, THAT is an internet browsing only PC. (Though I do use it to listen to music)

If you need a gaming system, and this one really works without issues, then this should keep you satisfied unless you want all the eye candy pumped up.

The only game that comes to mind right now that would not run very well at all on that computer would have to be Oblivion (Then again, even my PC has it's fair share of running oblivion like shit)

Crabby... said:
Now a days. No, it is not worth it at all. I mean, that computer is basically internet browser and email checker...can't really do much else.

Haha, you're funny. ;) That could make a very nice BitTorrent box or Folding@Home machine. :D

My friend has an ancient Toshiba laptop with a Pentium II and he can run Blender perfectly fine. He just has to wait a tad longer for it to render things. :)

Yeah it's a nice deal, that's around £130..damn, that is good! Maybe buy some more RAM and whack it up to 1GB..

Back
Top Bottom