!! PLEASE HELP !! online to do list ETC PLEASE HELP

snowman15

Solid State Member
hey guys
ok me and my buddy are doing this paintball buy/sell business thingy (long story)

anyway i have a web server via bravenet.com and a domain and bla bla but i just need to know if thers any way and where i can get some kind of thing where me and my buddy can type like some kind of "notepad" on an html webpage that can somehow save text to it and so we can both go to this webpage form different houses and see waht eachother has typed.

kind of like an online to do list that both of us can veiw from different houses

i know theres some little flash toys that can do it but there all weird.
anyone have any ideas?

Do you want this notepad that you're using to exchange notes to be viewable by everyone or just you two?

oh
sorry dude
i can handle password protecting a page i just need something that yea can be viewable to everyone that goes to the page

anyone know a webiste that i can find something like that or whatever? cuz i cant really write my own html/javascript so idk waht to do!

On your bravenet account, do you have PHP? If you do, it shouldnt be very difficult to use that with either MySQL or, if you dont have MySQL enabled, just a text file.

In the absence of PHP, you will have to either manually edit the HTML file, and upload it to the server via FTP each time you want to add or remove something from the "to do" list, or you guys could just email each other...might be a simpler way to run the business.

IMo a good way to run a business (online) is to just install some free forum software, that way you can have conversation with history, keep records, and have different conversations in different places...

you also get the plusses of making a part of the forum public to act as a sales support forum...
then your whole business,
business planning / finance / private discussions can be kept in a single place, as well as your pre, during and after sales support.

of course the best bit is that you don't have to actually make anything, the only work you hae to do is install and set up the forum software...

Back
Top Bottom