plot summary

you know what i hate? i hate how people say "oo tv is just a bunch of pointless junk if its not educational," but then those same people want you to read books no matter if its educational or not! i mean if they dont want you to watch pointless tv shows, then why do they want you to read pointless books? their response is, "it will give you better comprehension." well wouldnt watching tv give you better comprehension for things that go on in real life, which would actually be more useful more often than comprehending words?

In England you'd be expected to read Emily Bronte's books, "Jane Eyre" etc, plus Shakespeare, now they're dull "dumb" books, at least I think so.

cileskot said:
you know what i hate? i hate how people say "oo tv is just a bunch of pointless junk if its not educational," but then those same people want you to read books no matter if its educational or not! i mean if they dont want you to watch pointless tv shows, then why do they want you to read pointless books? their response is, "it will give you better comprehension." well wouldnt watching tv give you better comprehension for things that go on in real life, which would actually be more useful more often than comprehending words?

you are so right man. i mainly watch the science/history channel on tv and i must of learned more about how anything was created from tv then from some of my dumbass teachers.

David Lindon said:
Can't you read reviews on amazon or anything like
that?

i don't think they are book summaries, they are more about how the reader liked the book.

I have read Bronte and Shakespeare, I did not like Jane Eyre that much at all, but I thought some of Shakespeare's stuff was good. Once you get past the archaic language there's enough wit in there to keep it interesting.

you are a bloody tit.

to be perfectly frank with you - what is the world coming to , when you decide to come onto a forum, in tears asking for a book review............. ever heard of the blurb?? and no , not the blurb.com - the back of the book ya wagon.

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

goddam, the frustration, READ THE BOOK!

Brookfield said:
In England you'd be expected to read Emily Bronte's books, "Jane Eyre" etc, plus Shakespeare, now they're dull "dumb" books, at least I think so.

ya those are requirements for high school here too, except they took jane eyre(sp?) off the list this year i had to read boys life an fahrenheit 451 instead, they weren't terrible though

Never read boys life, but I did read Farenheit and that was one of the very few fictional books I actually enjoyed. And not relatively enjoy, but absolutely. I actually liked reading it and I thought it was good.

Renegadeandy said:
you are a bloody tit.

to be perfectly frank with you - what is the world coming to , when you decide to come onto a forum, in tears asking for a book review............. ever heard of the blurb?? and no , not the blurb.com - the back of the book ya wagon.

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

goddam, the frustration, READ THE BOOK!

lmao, i am in tears. i am pooring my guts out to you guys, i am cutting myself because i cannot get this book. :rolleyes:

btw, did you just call me a tit? cool?

Ronco Rox said:
you are so right man. i mainly watch the science/history channel on tv and i must of learned more about how anything was created from tv then from some of my dumbass teachers.

ya, dude, i love a lot of educational channels. i really like discovery channel, you learn so mucha nd its really entertaining too

Back
Top Bottom