BIOS problem

bman_333

Solid State Member
Hello everyone!

I have been experiencing a problem with my BIOS for sometime now. What happens is when i start up or restart my computer and get to the initial bios startup screen (where is tests the memory and shows the hard disks and cd/dvd roms and what not) and there the option to hit 'DEL' to enter bios setup. I get to the BIOS setup screen, but cannot change ne thing what-so-ever. All the settings that can be changed are in grey scale and cannot be scrolled though. I want to change the boot order and also i want to disable my on board sound but cannot because of this. My motherboard is the GIGABYTE 7VT600P-RZ. i have tried reinstalled the bios and the chipset as well.

Also i think whatever is causing this might be the cause of me having no sound what-so-ever out of my onboard sound card. (which i have been trying to get to work for sometime as well, but thats a different story...i think)

Can ne one help me out. Thanx!

well there were some sort of drivers on gigabytes suport page that a DL and then installed.

what you could do is reset or flash the bios, by taking out the cmos battery that looks like a small watch battery, about the size of a dime. take that out and leave out for about 5 minutes. also be sure to unplug your power from the computer before doing this.

put it back in after the 5 min. and boot back up to bios, then save default settings.

Back
Top Bottom