Walk Out on the 5th

rakedog

Fully Optimized
http://worldcantwait.net/

That site has all the info, but to summarize, massive nation-wide protests and walk out this thursday in the US against the Bush regime.

I have to say the most interesting thing about that site is that it correctly points out that Democrats won't improve the situation much if they take control of Congress next month.

Anybody going to participate?

I'm not participating..... these walkouts and stuff just aren't my thing, also I'm kinda 50/50 on bush, don't love him don't hate him.

nah, i'm not the type that would take part in these controversial topics, and most students in my highschool could really careless about political matters, so i'd be the only one getting suspended for leaving school grounds lmao.

I find it a shame that so few people in my school give a XXXX about politics or historical events. Like it or not, it affects our lives, and our generation is the one that's going to pay off the debts of the war and Bush's debt.
EDITED I know that passions run high, but no bad language please :(

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just don't read them."
- Someone (I think it was Ray Bradbury)

Personally, I don't care as much about politics, but I do care about historical events. History...is just fun. :) It's one of my favorite subjects.

I can't see how a mass walk-out will help, the powers that be will simply ignore it, but if you want my opinion, your idiot president can't go fast enough, him & our PM Blair, if it wasn't for those two, thousands of allied forces wouldn't be dead & dying as we speak, I can guarantee that more will be killed today, & the next, & the next, etc :mad:

It might not do anything, but usually a mass of people agreeing in one cause will be enough to catch the attention of anyone.

alvino said:
It might not do anything, but usually a mass of people agreeing in one cause will be enough to catch the attention of anyone.
Yeah, a bunch of kooks, old ladies making quilts, & rent-a-crowd, sorry to sound so negative.

It may have a surprising outcome, though the fact that I heard about this walkout via computerforums does not bode well for tomorrow's little demonstration.
I don't think it's been publicized enough to have a profound enough effect on the executive branch.

Back
Top Bottom