Video Card Upgrade

sometimes the new graphics card disables the intergrate graphics card and you don't need to go to your BIOS to disable it manually. go into your hardware properties and disable the video adapter.

Lord Mythirion said:
Is it automatically disabled?

Depends. Some motherboards automatically detect the dedicated video card and it'll automatically disable integrated. Most usually require access into the BIOS. It's usually the F2 button or the Delete button. Just press it once or twice when you reboot or initally boot up. :)

Nice setup by the way.

Last quick question: does anyone know how much heat and noise a X1600XT makes with a stock cooler? If it makes a lot, what's the best aftermarker cooler?

It's not too bad if you have sufficient case cooling, but it might be loud. If you want you can invest in an aftermarket cooler like Zalman or whatnot.

Here's the interier of my comp. I don't know how big a video card is so here it is:
DSC00544.jpg

Is the black the the PCI-E port?
DSC00546.jpg

I don't know if that will fit. My friend's card was pretty large, so I'm not sure.

EDIT: Sry bout the bad quality. Took pics with my camcorder. Camera out of batteries. And any recommendations for an aftermarket cooler? I have to get at like Fry's or something, so make it something widely availible please.

Yup, a video card will fit in there just fine. You'll need to re-route some of those wires though.

Yes, the black slot is the PCI-e slot.

I wouldn't worry about spending more money on an aftermarket cooler just yet. After installing the card you want, if it's too loud for you, then consider getting one.

Good one's to get would be a Zalman VF900-Cu or an Arctic Cooling Accelero X2.

I can vouch for the VF900-Cu. :) I'm using it on my X1900 XT right now and it's awesome. :D

Make sure and check it your PSU is up to the task before you go buying that card. I wish I could give you more info on this but I'm not too familiar with the card's ratings. Maybe someone with info on the card could help. Check your wattage and how many amps on your 12V rail, it should be on the side of the power supply.

Back
Top Bottom