umm which linux should i use

Don't sweat it man, i just have a way of throwing slang around every once in a while, it'c cool dude, by the way...i Pm'd you :p

hey rake, haven't seen you around in awhile...seems to be alot of liux questions, you could maybe shed some light on..

Rakedog said:
Linux is not a windows replacement. Don't treat it as one.
Yup. Alot of people are thinking that linux is ment to replace windows. Which kinda suck since then they want all the things windows has just to make it easier to use for someone who has been using windows all his life.

edit: ofcourse it would be best if linux would be a little more userfriendly, but their intention isn't to copy windows.

mammikoura said:
edit: ofcourse it would be best if linux would be a little more userfriendly, but their intention isn't to copy windows.

course not, it is a replacement....use my OS, use my OS...it's better than what you are currently using...blah blah blah...

systeq said:
course not, it is a replacement....use my OS, use my OS...it's better than what you are currently using...blah blah blah...
it's not a replacement, just an alternative solution.

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW1.htm

That more or less sums up my view. Long read, but excellent article and point.

Mixx, I'm busy as hell, I'll be on once in a while to help with OS problems, programming stuff, or debate politics, but really don't have much time. None of us oldies do. =P

It would be a lot easier if you guys had an IRC channel.

rakedog said:
Mixx, I'm busy as hell, I'll be on once in a while to help with OS problems, programming stuff, or debate politics, but really don't have much time. None of us oldies do. =P

It would be a lot easier if you guys had an IRC channel.

i hear ya dog , a 24 hr day is not a day anymore...its a few hrs

Back
Top Bottom