Help-Quick!

toias123

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone,

just done a clean install of windows. Backed up all my files on my 160gb usb HDD. Now the usb HDD is coming up as drive c: and says i must format the drive before i do anything. What has happened and how do i solve it?
I simply can't format the drive as it has extremely important files on it.

Please help as i don't know how to make it a removable device again. Have tried updating drivers and that does not help.

Thanks in advance

I take it you are using an external hard drive for backing up your files, also did you run a fresh copy on an internal hard drive such as SATA or IDE.?

I would say that you had this hooked up while formatting your actualy C:\. If you don't want this to happen alls you should have to do is format again (sorry :() but this time have your Ethernet unpluged for security resons, and then your USB drive unplugged for not thinking its the C:\

ok im fine to do a clean install as long as my files are still there? I remember fomatting my internal very clearly so i take it i just need to reinstall with everything unplugged?

ya, you dont have to unplug ethernet but for security reasons I would until you install your firewall and you should be all good :)

tobias123 said:
will i lose any of my files on the removable drive?

If you have it unhooked how are you going to loose it :lol Is it going to float through the unpluged USB plug :p

Just done a clean install and the same thing happens. Main drive is now c: and usb drive that was reading as storage device is now a named drive as f: and still asking me to format it. Very worried now as it has files i can't lose on it.

PLease can anyone shed light...

Back
Top Bottom