cleaning computer advice

Yea, a vacuum cleaner works, as long as you have a crevice tool to get into the small nooks and crannies.

Your best bet would be to get a couple of cans of compressed air, pull the sides off the case, take it outside and blow the crud out of it. :D

Noxious020189 said:
*I feel like I'm saying that celegorm's idea is bad, but it's not sorry if I don't sound like it is in the text above

its ok. i know ur not saying my idea is bad. and i tested my dads compressor and 40 psi isn't that bad... however, once the case is clean, you really shouldn't need one can per case clean. however u do bring up a good point about the money adding up.

so now its my turn to say taht your idea isn't bad either.

faith4 said:
hmm, i open up my computer case and found out OMG ! :eek: :eek:
all i can see is dust...
it is alright if i use a vacum cleaner to suck all the dust ?
nothing will get damaged right?
Permanently banned, four accounts

Noxious020189 said:
if you want to spend around 84 bucks a year (if one can = one case) then I would go with the air compressor, but 84 dollars isnt that much, so either one will work :) Good luck with your desision.

*I feel like I'm saying that celegorm's idea is bad, but it's not sorry if I don't sound like it is in the text above

but there really isn't a need to clean the case every month. In one month the amount of dust is so little it makes no difference. I clean my computer maybe like 3 times each year.

IronMaiden6669 said:
What's this about?
Exactly what it says, four members had exactly the same IP, ie, four illegal accounts = PB'd, David knows, & I've reported it in the Staff Lounge, alright?

Brookfield said:
Exactly what it says, four members had exactly the same IP, ie, four illegal accounts = PB'd, David knows, & I've reported it in the Staff Lounge, alright?

I'm not going against you and actualy I'm agreeing with you, but me and my brother on the same IP and have got banned from so many forums cause of it so you should ask in a PM before doing so. The only reason I agree with you is because four accounts is kind of a lot, and I doubt every brother has there own account if he lives with anyone :)

On a topic note:
I see the slightest diffrence when I clean my out monthly, but it also differs what enviorment your in and your case style: For example:

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=459704&postcount=5

That is my case, and my mom has animals that come up in my room all during the day, so with the fans + the animals its kinda hard to say that a monthly clean isn't nessary. I still suggest it for anyone cause I mean comon you can never be to clean :)

Noxious020189 said:
I'm not going against you and actualy I'm agreeing with you, but me and my brother on the same IP and have got banned from so many forums cause of it so you should ask in a PM before doing so. The only reason I agree with you is because four accounts is kind of a lot, and I doubt every brother has there own account if he lives with anyone :
You reason things out very well, & I'm sorry about your banning because of your brother, if he had a seperate IP to you, you could invite him to join you here, I'm not here to put barriers in the way of good members, I'm a seasoned mod, I wouldn't do that, I only root out the real baddies, then there are those members that step out of line, like the member who recently called me a Nazi, he got a two day ban. I took offence at that because I was a kid in WW2, & I lost relatives due to Nazi air-raids, you'll get used to me, behave yourself as I'm sure you will, fine, but you get to see my other side, if you slip up, even then I treat offenders firmlly but fairly I like to think.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom