Skt 939 vs. Skt T

ownage said:
ArrizX, timings don't mean crap on Intel setups.

If you want good performance for the price, it depends what you want to do. Video editing? Gaming? Or it could just be a daily use computer where you do everything on it. Core 2 Duos are going to last a while, while the K8 architecture is aging. Personally, if you are going to keep everything at stock, i would pick up a Core 2 Duo E6400, ASUS P5B, some of the cheapest PC6400 you can find, a case you like, reuse your storage and optical drives, pick up a video card of your choice to suit your needs, this power supply (http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=PS-E5150GH) (Btw, Enhance OEMs for Silverstone, and boy have you seen Silverstone psus ;)) And you are basically set. I just listed all the key parts, and the rest are up to you to fit your budget, like case, hard drives, RAM (be sure to get PC6400 though, capacity is up to you, but i recommend getting 2x512, Intel doesnt take a performance hit from running 4x512;) Intel always has run 2T command rate) and any other things you want. Good luck!

I know..

I dont recall ever saying they did?

Hmm.. I think I could make a cheap-sih/effective computer off of that.

It would be for gaming. But more daily use. I have several games but my internet blows so I dont plan on getting any new games. I just want a new computer so I can be rid of this damn Dell :p

Im not worring about it, im checking things out slowly. There are other things I want to buy, I just dont know what ill do from here.

But thanks for your help!

I said that timings don't mean crap on Intel setups because then you are open to any RAM you want. You dont have to be shyed away from high latency RAM.

prosser13 said:
Go for Core 2 Duo any time.

But please, just don't refer to Core 2 Duo as Conroe.

Well the Kentsfield is Core 2 Quad. :p Conroe is the only core that is under the Core 2 Duo name right now. You can say Core 2 when referring to the whole series, but there's a difference once you add in the Solo, Duo or Quad.

ownage said:
I said that timings don't mean crap on Intel setups because then you are open to any RAM you want. You dont have to be shyed away from high latency RAM.

Oh, I thought you were implimenting that I said it. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom