Gateway Notebook Sound Problem

New Age Old

Beta member
I've recently gotten my Gateway notebook computer repaired becuse of a problem with the hard drive, I went to thoose people at Best Buy. When I got it back I had to load the recovery cd I got when I first bought it. When I began using it, it didn't have anything, wireless network, sound, or video options. I went to www.gateway.com do get the drivers for the things that were missing. I was succesfully able to load the wireless network and the video options, but was unable to load the sound. Does anyone know what could have happened to my computer? Mabey the people at Best Buy took out the sound card... but why would they do that??? :confused:

go to my computer>view system information, then click on the hardware tab>device manager. Check that out and see if if there or not. if there is a question mark icon in next to the sound card then you still have it.

Gateway MX6440 Notebook

And when I got to "Other Devices" it shows a question mark next to "ethernet controller" "mass storage control" "multimedia audio controller" "pci modem" "sm bus controller".

Back
Top Bottom