Virtual Memory for Video Card?

Liminator

In Runtime
In Battlefield 2 my computer stutters whenever I look at something new. I'm guessing it's because the computer is rendering that certain object. But whenever it does stutter I always here noise from the Hard Drive. I thought it might be RAM so I bought some more and currently have 1.5 gigs. But it still sutters so now I'm wondering if it's my video card. It's a 256MB 6200 which is slightly overclocked.

My question, when the video card runs out of memory does it utilize Virtual Memory, which I think accounts for the stutters and Hard Drive noise, when it requires more?

Liminator said:
In Battlefield 2 my computer stutters whenever I look at something new. I'm guessing it's because the computer is rendering that certain object. But whenever it does stutter I always here noise from the Hard Drive. I thought it might be RAM so I bought some more and currently have 1.5 gigs. But it still sutters so now I'm wondering if it's my video card. It's a 256MB 6200 which is slightly overclocked.

My question, when the video card runs out of memory does it utilize Virtual Memory, which I think accounts for the stutters and Hard Drive noise, when it requires more?

Is it a TC video card? like 6200TC? those use up your real ram.. not good..

Not to mention.. that video card.. is just plain crap.

From what I understand, BF2 needs at least 2GB of memory to run smoothly.

The 6200 is being strectched a bit to handle that game. Espeacialy if it is a TC (Turbo Cache) model because it uses up your system memory.

Atomic Rooster said:
From what I understand, BF2 needs at least 2GB of memory to run smoothly.

The 6200 is being strectched a bit to handle that game. Espeacialy if it is a TC (Turbo Cache) model because it uses up your system memory.
you only need 2 gigs of ram to run BF2 maxed out.. at 1 gig it is ok if you just turn down the settings a bit.

The thing is, my Task Manager says BF2.exe is only using about 700 MB of RAM. And no I don't have a TC model.

How high do u have the graphics set? if its too high you will stutter. also, from personal experiance with a 6200, it works best with DX 7.0. so if you are running DirectX 9.0 in the game, that could also be causing teh stuttering.

Thanks for the info. This has been happening recently with the last 2 patches. in 1.0 it worked fine then got gradually worse. Now it stutters whether I'm running on Low or Medium. And how do I exactly downgrade my Direct X?

Checked in the Video options and no dice. Just quality and resolution settings. No DirectX.

Back
Top Bottom