Sports

freestyler105

Golden Master
Well, it's back to school again, and since I've discovered that Freshman year is way too easy, I'm slacking and focusing on sports. I was just wondering if anyone else here plays any?

I'm a swimmer. I have no time for anything else. I wanted to do X Country in the fall then swim in the winter, but Coach says no. Last year (as the little 8th grader on Varsity), I made ECIC's (All the teams in the county) and placed 5th in my event, the 500 freestyle. I don't know if anyone else is a swimmer, but FYI my time was 5:19. Also went 1:54 in the 200 free, but that didn't get me a place in the top 8. Then Sectionals. I crapped out on the 200, went 1:59. The 500 was crazy. I placed 9th, and came back for finals. At finals, I went 5:14, dropping 5 seconds from my previous best time. I missed the State cuts, but got to go as the alternate for the relays. Our team ended up being undefeated, 16-0, winning both ECIC's and Sectionals. Now it's club season, and I have 13 top 10 times out of 16 events.
I commend anyone who sat through all this bragging.

So, who else here has a sport?

I graduated High School in 2002, but I played Varsity Baseball and Soccer, and got scholarships to play in college for both sports. Of course, being the young dumb teenager I was, I turned them down and went to a regular University and didn't play any sports.

Looking back, i wish i did. Fun times in High School though. Going back in time would be fun! ;)

That's cool. Where were the scholarships to? There isn't too much money in swimming. Last night I went to see The Guardian (about the Coast Guard rescue swimmers with Ashton Kutcher), and it made me laugh. The main character was supposedly offered scholarships to every Ivy League school. It's too bad that Ivy League schools don't give out athletic scholarships.

played paintball for a while in the 3rd highest league in our country. Been playing floorball for years, never been in a team, but usually I go and play either at our local league and sometimes a team from our city which plays at the SM-league, which is the highest possible league in our country.

So thats my "professional" sports, then once in a while I go running or playing basketball with my friends.

I played bball in high school, and rugby in college that's the only sports i've played in school.

I played hardball for 13 years.

i hate schools sports. actually i just hate organized team sports in general. i just dont really like the idea of a coach screaming at you and having to be on time to practices and competing and all that crap. thats why i skateboard. its just completely independant, you can do it how you want when you want, and you can learn at your own pace. and you dont worry about being "better" than someone else. and you can do it anywhere. you dont need a feild or a court like other sports require. you can just go out in the street and skate. everyone within the sproit also gets along. theres no "rivalry" between 2 terams or players or whatever like in other sports like football. everyone just helps and supports eachother. well thats just my view on sports anwyays. so ya the sport i participate in is skateboarding.

cileskot said:
i hate schools sports. actually i just hate organized team sports in general. i just dont really like the idea of a coach screaming at you and having to be on time to practices and competing and all that crap. thats why i skateboard. its just completely independant, you can do it how you want when you want, and you can learn at your own pace. and you dont worry about being "better" than someone else. and you can do it anywhere. you dont need a feild or a court like other sports require. you can just go out in the street and skate. everyone within the sproit also gets along. theres no "rivalry" between 2 terams or players or whatever like in other sports like football. everyone just helps and supports eachother. well thats just my view on sports anwyays. so ya the sport i participate in is skateboarding.

You mean like this:http://youtube.com/watch?v=ixdrPEDvOVk LOL!
EDIT: in case you were wondering that's a skit from MadTV, Coach Hines played by Keegan Michael Key.

Back
Top Bottom